GUYANA Election Results-2006 Updates:

  • Derryck S. Griffith
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
      Aug 31-2006:
      Guyana Election Results-2006:

      FROM: deandra2000gy@...
      AFC ........5
      GAP/Roar... 1
      PNC/1G ......22
      PPP/C ......36
      TUF ........1

      At this time, the complete results of the elections are not yet
      processed. Election officials claim that they will not be rushed into
      anything. Because the process takes time, and patience would be
      appreciated.

      However, all signs indicate that the ruling PPP/Civic Party is in the
      lead in most regions. This also seem to suggest that it was business
      as usual, or 'voting by ethnicity' that was repeated once again.

      A stark reminder that Guyanese are still harboring strong ethnic
      preferences when it comes to electing political representatives.

      This should come as no surprise to those who have been following the
      political climate in Guyana since it's Independence in 1966.

      However, I sincerely hope that all parties involved in this election,
      and the general commonweal, would work with the political
      administration on policies that will improve the lot of all Guyanese.

      And against those policies that seem to favor any Ethnic group,
      political affiliates, and supporters.

      Om Shanti.
      Derryck S. Griffith.
      Educator-Advocate & Blogger.
    • alan.bollers@us.army.mil
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006

        Can we post political reporting to the appropriate forum?

        Thanks,

        Alan

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
          We here in the GGBS asked you on several occasions not to post political content in this forum. It is obvious you choose to ignore our wishes, again on several occasions. Therefore, you have provided the leadership of the GGBS no other recourse but to choose disciplinary measures against your email address – which is now from this moment forward, banned form our forum.
          Again, this measure will be taken against all who simply fail to adhere to the required behavior of membership of the GGBS.
          Derrick your behavior is unfair to us. You have not respected our wishes.
          Thanks for you time and tolerance.

          "Derryck S. Griffith" <derryck@...> wrote:
          Aug 31-2006:
          Guyana Election Results-2006:

          FROM: deandra2000gy@ yahoo.co. uk
[...]

          M'lilwana Osanku - Sancho of Nabaclis.
          Researching - Sancho, Campbell, Young (Younge), Solomon, Ross & Martin - Families of Guyana and the History of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District, East Sea Coast Demerara, Guyana.
          “The Black begun his career in America not as Slave but as Master”.
          Rafique Ali Jairazbhdy – 1974 Ancient Egyptians and Chinese in America (His Old World origins of American civilisation; v. 1)

        • Mlilwana Osanku
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2006
            Summary
            You have successfully banned 2 members.