Re: US Military and Announcement Pages

  • Tina
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2006
      If you have access to Ancestry.com, do a Ranked Search (not an Exact
      Search) for D.R. Campbell in the WWI Draft Registration Cards
      database that Ancestry has. And since a long list of similar
      sounding names might come up, it would help to know what state he
      registered in. The image of the card should provide the name of at
      least one next of kin--the registrant was required to provide this
      information.

      If you do not have access to Ancestry.com, the U.S. National
      Archives maintains copies of the WWI Draft Registration Cards on
      microfilm by state. A copy can be ordered from them online. See
      this Web site for more information:

      http://www.archives.gov/genealogy/military/ww1/draft-registration/

      Best wishes.

      --- In guyanese_genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Sancho of Nabaclis
      <childrenofsancho@...> wrote:

      > Blessed Love!
      >
      > D. R. Campbell was employed as a Waiter on the Driving Car on
      the New York City Rail Road. I have the Numbers of D. R. Campbell's
      US Military Registration and Registration Card.

      > Questions:
      > How can I use that information to obtain biographical
      information?
      > Do you have any idea who D. R. Campbell who was birthed in
      British Guiana on October 22, 1892 and enlisted in the US Armed
      Forces for the 1914-1918 war in Europe is?
      > Can you obtain, and /or direct me to information on the
      immediate relatives of D. R. Campbell?

      > I am interested in accessing articles published in the
      Announcement pages of newspapers, including the obituaries and
      marriages of the following;

      > James Alfred Trotman, March 1961
      > Donald Ashley Bevel Trotman,
      > S. Brandford Trotman September 7, 1882
      > Carlton Paton Browne Melbourne, September 1962
      > Lambert Tuckness Sancho September 1924
      > Annie Kathleen Patterson (nee Elliott) May 5, 1935
      > Charles Clarence Bristol,
      > Rev. J. Allan Campbell,
      > Josiah Campbell
      > Aaron Victor Lawrence
      > Cecil O. P. Patterson
      > Rev. J. E. Dover, Lay Preacher, Golden Grove Wesleyan Church,
      April 7, 1901
      > D. C. Cameron November 10, 1890.
      > James Ebenezer Gill December 16, 1972
      > Millicent Campbell January 23, 1972
      > Jacob Dobson (JD) Younge November 17, 1956
      > A. A. Thorne April 1956
      > Rev. Ferdinand Christopher Glasgow May 11, 1911
      > Marriages
      > Archer-Sancho August 9, 1888
      > Elliott-Sandy April 16, 1884
      >

      > They are normally published with four weeks of the announcement
      of the death of the individual in the Sunday edition on the
      announcement pages.

      > If and/or when you encounter same feel free to enlighten me.
      Thanks a millionÂ…

      > Eternal Blessings, Love, Peace, Power & Unity
      > M'lilwana Osanku - Sancho of Nabaclis.
      > Researching - Sancho, Campbell, Young (Younge), Solomon, Ross &
      Martin - Families of Guyana.
      > History of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District, East Sea
      Coast Demerara, Guyana.

      > "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin
      and culture is like a tree without roots." The Most Honourable
      Marcus Garvey (1887-1940) People's Power Forever Vote AFC Tme for
      Change - down with ethnic politics -

      > ---------------------------------
      Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

    • Robert Millington
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24, 2006

        Not sure if this will help but you may request a persons military record (limited) at the following link.

        http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/public/general-public.html

        Robert C. Millington

        <childrenofsancho@ ...> wrote:

        > Blessed Love!
        >
        > D. R. Campbell was employed as a Waiter on the Driving Car on
        the New York City Rail Road . I have the Numbers of D. R. Campbell's
        US Military Registration and Registration Card.

        > Questions:
        > How can I use that information to obtain biographical
        information?
        > Do you have any idea who D. R. Campbell who was birthed in
        British Guiana on October 22, 1892 and enlisted in the US Armed
        Forces for the 1914-1918 war in Europe is?
        > Can you obtain, and /or direct me to information on the
        immediate relatives of D. R. Campbell?

        > I am interested in accessing articles published in the
        Announcement pages of newspapers, including the obituaries and
        marriages of the following;

        > James Alfred Trotman, March 1961
        > Donald Ashley Bevel Trotman,
        > S. Brandford Trotman September 7, 1882
        > Carlton Paton Browne Melbourne, September 1962
        > Lambert Tuckness Sancho September 1924
        > Annie Kathleen Patterson (nee Elliott) May 5, 1935
        > Charles Clarence Bristol,
        > Rev. J. Allan Campbell,
        > Josiah Campbell
        > Aaron Victor Lawrence
        > Cecil O. P. Patterson
        > Rev. J. E. Dover, Lay Preacher, Golden Grove Wesleyan Church,
        April 7, 1901
        > D. C. Cameron November 10, 1890.
        > James Ebenezer Gill December 16, 1972
        > Millicent Campbell January 23, 1972
        > Jacob Dobson (JD) Younge November 17, 1956
        > A. A. Thorne April 1956
        > Rev. Ferdinand Christopher Glasgow May 11, 1911
        > Marriages
        > Archer-Sancho August 9, 1888
        > Elliott-Sandy April 16, 1884
        >

        > They are normally published with four weeks of the announcement
        of the death of the individual in the Sunday edition on the
        announcement pages.

        > If and/or when you encounter same feel free to enlighten me.
        Thanks a million…

        > Eternal Blessings, Love, Peace, Power & Unity
        > M'lilwana Osanku - Sancho of Nabaclis.
        > Researching - Sancho, Campbell, Young (Younge), Solomon, Ross &
        Martin - Families of Guyana .
        > History of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District,
        w:st="on">East Sea
        Coast Demerara , Guyana .

        > "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin
        and culture is like a tree without roots." The Most Honourable
        Marcus Garvey (1887-1940) People's Power Forever Vote AFC Tme for
        Change - down with ethnic politics -

        Great rates starting at 1&cent;/min.