RE: [guyanese_genealogy] US Military and Announcement Pages

  • John Wilmer
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2006
      "Waiter on the Driving Car" probably "Waiter on the Dining Car"

      His Registration Card - does this mean he entered into the military or was
      this a 'draft card?"

      If he survived through the 1930s he probably had a Social Security Card.

      Good luck,

      John

    • Tina
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24, 2006
        If you have access to Ancestry.com, do a Ranked Search (not an Exact
        Search) for D.R. Campbell in the WWI Draft Registration Cards
        database that Ancestry has. And since a long list of similar
        sounding names might come up, it would help to know what state he
        registered in. The image of the card should provide the name of at
        least one next of kin--the registrant was required to provide this
        information.

        If you do not have access to Ancestry.com, the U.S. National
        Archives maintains copies of the WWI Draft Registration Cards on
        microfilm by state. A copy can be ordered from them online. See
        this Web site for more information:

        http://www.archives.gov/genealogy/military/ww1/draft-registration/

        Best wishes.

        --- In guyanese_genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Sancho of Nabaclis
        <childrenofsancho@...> wrote:

        > Blessed Love!
        >
        > D. R. Campbell was employed as a Waiter on the Driving Car on
        the New York City Rail Road. I have the Numbers of D. R. Campbell's
        US Military Registration and Registration Card.

        > Questions:
        > How can I use that information to obtain biographical
        information?
        > Do you have any idea who D. R. Campbell who was birthed in
        British Guiana on October 22, 1892 and enlisted in the US Armed
        Forces for the 1914-1918 war in Europe is?
        > Can you obtain, and /or direct me to information on the
        immediate relatives of D. R. Campbell?

        > I am interested in accessing articles published in the
        Announcement pages of newspapers, including the obituaries and
        marriages of the following;

        > James Alfred Trotman, March 1961
        > Donald Ashley Bevel Trotman,
        > S. Brandford Trotman September 7, 1882
        > Carlton Paton Browne Melbourne, September 1962
        > Lambert Tuckness Sancho September 1924
        > Annie Kathleen Patterson (nee Elliott) May 5, 1935
        > Charles Clarence Bristol,
        > Rev. J. Allan Campbell,
        > Josiah Campbell
        > Aaron Victor Lawrence
        > Cecil O. P. Patterson
        > Rev. J. E. Dover, Lay Preacher, Golden Grove Wesleyan Church,
        April 7, 1901
        > D. C. Cameron November 10, 1890.
        > James Ebenezer Gill December 16, 1972
        > Millicent Campbell January 23, 1972
        > Jacob Dobson (JD) Younge November 17, 1956
        > A. A. Thorne April 1956
        > Rev. Ferdinand Christopher Glasgow May 11, 1911
        > Marriages
        > Archer-Sancho August 9, 1888
        > Elliott-Sandy April 16, 1884
        >

        > They are normally published with four weeks of the announcement
        of the death of the individual in the Sunday edition on the
        announcement pages.

        > If and/or when you encounter same feel free to enlighten me.
        Thanks a million…

        > Eternal Blessings, Love, Peace, Power & Unity
        > M'lilwana Osanku - Sancho of Nabaclis.
        > Researching - Sancho, Campbell, Young (Younge), Solomon, Ross &
        Martin - Families of Guyana.
        > History of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District, East Sea
        Coast Demerara, Guyana.

        > "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin
        and culture is like a tree without roots." The Most Honourable
        Marcus Garvey (1887-1940) People's Power Forever Vote AFC Tme for
        Change - down with ethnic politics -

        > ---------------------------------
        Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

      • Robert Millington
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 24, 2006

          Not sure if this will help but you may request a persons military record (limited) at the following link.

          http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/public/general-public.html

          Robert C. Millington

          <childrenofsancho@ ...> wrote:

          > Blessed Love!
          >
          > D. R. Campbell was employed as a Waiter on the Driving Car on
          the New York City Rail Road . I have the Numbers of D. R. Campbell's
          US Military Registration and Registration Card.

          > Questions:
          > How can I use that information to obtain biographical
          information?
          > Do you have any idea who D. R. Campbell who was birthed in
          British Guiana on October 22, 1892 and enlisted in the US Armed
          Forces for the 1914-1918 war in Europe is?
          > Can you obtain, and /or direct me to information on the
          immediate relatives of D. R. Campbell?

          > I am interested in accessing articles published in the
          Announcement pages of newspapers, including the obituaries and
          marriages of the following;

          > James Alfred Trotman, March 1961
          > Donald Ashley Bevel Trotman,
          > S. Brandford Trotman September 7, 1882
          > Carlton Paton Browne Melbourne, September 1962
          > Lambert Tuckness Sancho September 1924
          > Annie Kathleen Patterson (nee Elliott) May 5, 1935
          > Charles Clarence Bristol,
          > Rev. J. Allan Campbell,
          > Josiah Campbell
          > Aaron Victor Lawrence
          > Cecil O. P. Patterson
          > Rev. J. E. Dover, Lay Preacher, Golden Grove Wesleyan Church,
          April 7, 1901
          > D. C. Cameron November 10, 1890.
          > James Ebenezer Gill December 16, 1972
          > Millicent Campbell January 23, 1972
          > Jacob Dobson (JD) Younge November 17, 1956
          > A. A. Thorne April 1956
          > Rev. Ferdinand Christopher Glasgow May 11, 1911
          > Marriages
          > Archer-Sancho August 9, 1888
          > Elliott-Sandy April 16, 1884
          >

          > They are normally published with four weeks of the announcement
          of the death of the individual in the Sunday edition on the
          announcement pages.

          > If and/or when you encounter same feel free to enlighten me.
          Thanks a million…

          > Eternal Blessings, Love, Peace, Power & Unity
          > M'lilwana Osanku - Sancho of Nabaclis.
          > Researching - Sancho, Campbell, Young (Younge), Solomon, Ross &
          Martin - Families of Guyana .
          > History of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District,
          w:st="on">East Sea
          Coast Demerara , Guyana .

          > "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin
          and culture is like a tree without roots." The Most Honourable
          Marcus Garvey (1887-1940) People's Power Forever Vote AFC Tme for
          Change - down with ethnic politics -

          Great rates starting at 1&cent;/min.