5 Things You Can Learn From Death Records

  • Guyana Genealogical Scoiety
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2006

      More Than Just the Date and Place of Death

      Many people looking for information on their ancestors skip right past the death record, heading in a beeline for information on the individual's marriage and birth. Sometimes we already know where and when our ancestor died, and figure it's not worth the time and money to track down the death certificate. Another scenario has our ancestor disappearing between one census and the next, but after a half-hearted search we decide it's not worth the effort since we already know most of his other vital facts. Those death records, however, can tell us much more about our ancestor than where and when he died!