Re: [guyanese_genealogy] Looking for Bernard d Souza (or de sousa)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2006
      Hello Excellent Heart

      Have you tried the Canadian General Records Office ?

      They may have Records of any Marriages or of his Death if he is deceased in Canada.

      If he is still alive, you could check the Voters Lists or Telephone Directories for Canada.

      It is most likely that he headed for Toronto or Montreal where most Guyanese reside but he could live elsewhere.

      He may never have left England so may still be there or may have died there.

      His Name could be spelt as de Souza, d'Souza, da Souza, de Sousa, d'Sousa or da Sousa.

      I would try the U.K. first and then move onto Canada.

      I wish you success with your search.

      excellentheart2 <excellentheart2@...> wrote:
      My father came from british guyana. He was born around 1937/8. he came
      to the Uk, met my mum in east sussex in 1965. He then told my mum he
      planned to emigrate to canada. This would have happened from from 1966
      onwards. Its a real needle in haystack stuff. I have never stop my
      quest to find him, everyone needs to know their roots on both sides of
      their family. I'm proud of the limited knowledge I have, but so need
      more........can anyone help please?