Some points to ponder!

  • Derryck S. Griffith
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2005
      Some points to ponder!

      The Mind:
      That which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings. The seat
      of the faculty of reason. Recall or Remembrance:

      The Brain:
      That part of the central nervous system that includes all the higher
      nervous centers, enclosed within the skull.

      Therefore the mind has to be an invisible, intangible entity.
      Something that is not matter or material. And therefore, cannot fit
      the scientific profile.

      Because science is the ability to "See, Measure & Quantify" something,
      for it to be considered scientific!

      So my question to you now is:
      What is the soul of humankind?
      And where does it fit, in this triad of mind, brain and body?

      I believe that the soul is that which occupies the finite body, for
      the time that the human body alive, and can accommodate it. When the
      physical body is unable to fully accommodate the soul, it leaves the body.

      And that is the stage at which the body, or human organism is
      considered dead.

      Question:
      What is the purpose of the soul, in relation to it's occupancy of the
      human organism?

      I don't know! I have often pondered this question, but have never
      been able to reach a conclusion.

      Question:
      Where does the soul go when it can no longer occupy the human body?

      Does it occupy another human or animal organism?

      And from what place or source did the soul originate?

      Religious doctrine has promulgated the theory of Genesis, in relation
      to the coming of the human organism on this planet. But that has yet
      to be scientifically proven.

      Anthropologists claim that humans originated on the continent of
      Africa. But have yet to identify the first man and woman. And if
      there was a first male and female, who created the first male and
      female before them?

      Or from what source did the first male and female originate?

      Conclusion:
      Until the above questions are fully, comprehensibly, and
      scientifically validated or proven. Religious philosophy and
      superstition will prevail.

      Om Shanti.
      Derryck S. Griffith.
      http://profiles.yahoo.com/derryck1950