Mathias, Gonsalves, Defreitas

  • loupel58
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15 3:20 PM
      Am researching genealogy of the MATHIAS Family...I know that WILFRID
      JOSEPH MATHIAS was born on 11-3-1911 in Georgetown British Guiana
      or Guyana..his father's name was Francis Mathias and mother's name
      wa MARIA THERES NACIEMENTO. Know that Wilfrid had a brother named
      STANISLAUS MATHIAS.. There were sons Donald, Frank, Robert and
      daughter HeleN born to Wilfrid and Elvira whose history is listed
      below as far as we know it..all born in Guyana.
      Wilfrid was married to Elvira(ELVIE)GONSALVES born on 2-16-07.
      Elvira's mother was Matilda Gonsalves. She was called MOTHER G and
      stayed in Guyana when the rest came to America. There was evidently
      some kind of compound in Guyana that Mother G owned located on Water
      Street and possible called Gonsalves Ltd....as best remembered by
      others it was a sort of general store. We do also know that there
      is a Sister Maria Therese Gomes that resides or resided at ST.
      Anne's Home on Water Street in Georgetown,Guyana and is relative of
      above..
      I also have record of Manny and Helen Gonsalves born in Guyana with
      list of their children...There are DEFREITAS listed there with
      respective spouses.