Re: [guyanese_genealogy] The Stars Spangled Banner & The US Boycott Issues:

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2006
      Again I am requesting that all messages be genealogical and biographical in nature and content. I am positive all prefer our messages to be posted without being monitored. It is upsetting to write an article only to receive a message from moderators saying it is not posted on their message boards. The nest step is to have the moderators screen messages. I really don’t want to go there.
      Please use other forums such as Golden Grove Nabaclis and East Coast for such topics which are not consistent with genealogy.

      derryck_sylvester <derryck@...> wrote:

      April 28-2006:

      The Spanish American/Mexican Immigration Boycott Proposals:

      On Monday-05-2006 a boycott  and demonstration is planned by
      authorities in Mexico, against American products there and in the
      USA.  The organizers are based in Mexico, and they are being
      supported by several Trade Unions, Church groups, and affiliated
      bodies or worker's organizations.

      They are expecting illegal Mexicans and un-documented Mexicans here
      in the USA to come out in force in support of this effort.  The issue
      according to the NPRNews.com Radio, is to send a signal to the George
      W. Bush Administration in Washington, that they are against the bill
      which intends to criminalize illegal immigrants in this country.

      These people are contending that to be un-documented, or illegal,
      with no history of any felony, or of breaking any laws while here in
      the USA illegally, does not warrant a criminal status or category.

      And that aspect of the current legislation in process, must be
      amended or revamped immediately.

      Personally, I cannot see the rationale for boycotting American
      products, when those same products are produced or manufactured by
      and large, by those who employ illegal aliens.  And these same
      illegal aliens need the cash/wages to assist their families  here,
      and in their homeland Mexico, to survive near starvation.

      I sincerely hope that the planners/organizers of this demonstration
      really re-consider the gravity or impact it will have on the
      legalization process, for the same people they are advocating for!

      A Spanish Version Of The Stars Spangle Banner:

      A new Latin version of the USA's National Anthem was introduced
      today, targeting the Latin community. The intent was to help those
      who cannot speak English, to still be able to sing the US National
      Anthem.

      Personally, I believe that The National Anthem of any country, must
      be sung in the pre-dominant language of that country or culture.
      That is the reason why it is a National Anthem.

      To do otherwise, or to compensate a sub-cultural group in that
      country,  by allowing homage to be paid or sung in the language of
      that sub-cultural group, would de-emphasize the importance and true
      meaning of that anthem.

      Therefore, I agree with President George W. Bush (this time),  for
      disagreeing with such an idea.

      Om Shanti.
      Derryck S Griffith.
      Educator-Advocate & Blogger;

      Eternal Blessings, Love, Peace, Power & Unity
      M'lilwana Osanku - Sancho of Nabaclis.
      Researching - Sancho, Campbell, Young (Younge), Solomon, Ross & Martin - Families of Guyana.
      History of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District, East Sea Coast Demerara, Guyana.
      "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots." The Most Honourable Marcus Garvey (1887-1940) People's Power Forever Vote AFC Tme for Change - down with ethnic politics -