Re: [guyanese_genealogy] Beware Of yahoo Chat Rooms-They Have Joined The Corps Of Internet Police:

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2006
      Hello Derryck

      Thanks for the warning, though i read recently that Yahoo is removing the Chat Room facilty from Yahoogroups and is advising Members to use the Messenger System instead.

      We recently discussed the usage of the Chat Room facility at this Group as there was some interest but we did not think it was too viable although left it open to Group Members to use if they so wished.

      It seems that it is no longer or will soon be no longer available.

      derryck_sylvester <derryck@...> wrote:

      Beware Of Yahoo!

      Hello Everyone!

      I have had several groups with Yahoo.com  Groups that were deleted
      for reasons unknown to me.  Whenever Yahoo deletes a group that the
      user/s do not have to pay for, they do so within their right to
      delete, or discontinue any account  at will, and without prior notice.

      However, Yahoo has also joined Microsoft, AOL, and CISCO corporations
      in selling personal information of their users. This is called
      the 'Unique Identifiers This kind of technology is also used by the
      CDC for the safety of records deemed classified.

      For example the HIV & AIDS patients nationally, and the
      epidemiological data for it's database.

      Yahoo is also monitoring all chatting at their Yahoo Chat Rooms. They
      at least in this instance, have a message as soon as you log on to
      the Chat Room, that says you are being monitored.

      I strongly suggest that you re-think any decision to use Yahoo Chat
      Room for personal  discussions, or information that may come to haunt
      you afterwards.  Also I suggest that you download this new messenger
      service for FREE use, at ImVite.com

      This messenger service have a "TRIAD" account program that allows you
      to log into AOL-Yahoo & MSN Instant Messenger Programs instantly,
      when you log on to that messenger service.

      I suggest that you get now. I have been using it ever since Yahoo has
      sold information to China's Security agencies, it's Internet Security
      Software, which resulted in the capture and disappearance of several
      Online Journalists.

      Remember the messenger program I mentioned above. It is ImVite
      Messenger at imvite.com

      It is FREE:

      Derryck.
      Yahoo IM: derryck_sylvester
      AOL IM: Ecmimbari
      MSN IM: DerryckGriffith

      Celebrate Earth Day everyday! Discover 10 things you can do to help slow climate change. Yahoo! Earth Day