RE: [guyanese_genealogy] Fwd: Records of Barbadian migrants to British Guiana, 1833-48

  • Richard B. Cheddie
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2006

      Sancho,

      Now this makes me wonder what records do the Archives in Barbados have?  I have written them before on other matters and this is a similar response.

      Barbados is one of those key islands in the Caribbean whose history is a lynch pin for others.

      Cheddie

      From: "Research - Archives" <search1@...>
      To: <childrenofsancho@...>
      Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:02:20 -0400

      Dear Mr. Sancho,

                               Thank you for writing.  We do not have records of persons emigrating from Barbados to British Guiana from 1833-48.  You may, however, contact the website of the Caribbean Regional Branch of the International Council on Archives for information regarding the Campbell , Sancho and Young/e families in the different Caribbean territories.  It is www.carbica.com.

                  For a more in-depth search for members of those families here, you may contact any of the individuals listed in the attachment to this letter who undertake extensive genealogical research for a fee.  We hope your search is successful.

      Yours truly,

      Stacia Chase (MISS),

      For Chief Archivist.

      ____________________________

      Research Department

      Barbados Department of Archives

      Black Rock, St. James , Barbados

      Telephone:  (246) 425-1380/1381

      Fax:  (246) 425-5911

      Eternal Blessings, Love, Peace, Power & Unity

      M'lilwana Osanku - Sancho of Nabaclis.

      Researching - Sancho, Campbell, Young (Younge), Solomon, Ross & Martin - Families of Guyana.
      History of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District, East Sea Coast Demerara, Guyana.

      "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots." The Most Honourable Marcus Garvey (1887-1940) People's Power Forever Vote AFC Tme for Change - down with ethnic politics -