[Guyana Genealogical and Biographi cal Society] ANNOUNCEMENTS: - the Sunday Chronicle, Georgetown, Brit ish Guiana, South America – July 2

  • M'lilwana
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2005
      ANNOUNCEMENTS: - the Sunday Chronicle, Georgetown, British Guiana, South America – July 2

      MARRIED

      BISHOP –KING
      -On May 20, 1944, at the Church of St. Theresa, San Nicholas, Aruba, Netherlands, West Indies, CECIL ROY ANTHONY of St. Georges, Grenada, to CECILY MURRAY ROZO (Minx), of Georgetown, B. G.

      BENJAMIN –HUNTE
      -On Saturday, June 24, 1944, at Christ Church, Georgetown, by Canon P. A. Farrar, JAMES WARBURTON, son of Mrs. A. J. and the late Moses Benjamin of 20 Hardina Street, to LAURA ADINA, fourth daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. A. R. Hunte.

      GRIFFITH –HOHENKERK
      - On Saturday, June 24, 1944, at the Cathedral of the Immaculate conception, Brickdam, by the Rev. Fr. P. McCaffrey, WALTER, second son of Mr. and Mrs. D. E. Griffith, to MARIE EILEEN, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Hohenkerk, of 72 Louisa Row, Georgetown.

      HUBBARD- OSBORNE
      - On Saturday, July 1, at Christ Church, Georgetown, CECIL, to ELAINE, by the Rev. Canon P. A. Farrar.

      WADDELL –KING
      -On Wednesday, June 28, at the R. C. Church, Kitty, by the Rev. E. Colly, B. J., CAZIE H. O. of the Battery S. C. F., son of Bandsman F. Waddell, to CLEO H., daughter of Cpl. C. H. King of the B. G. Militia Band and Mrs. R. King.

      YANSEN-BLACKMAN
      -On Wednesday, June 28, 1944, at the Cathedral of the Immaculate conception, Georgetown, by the Rev. Fr. James Goodwin, S. J., LEOPOLD IGNATIUS, youngest son of Mr. and Mrs. F. C. Yansen, 20 George Street, to VICTORIA MAY, third daughter of Mrs. Adelaide Blackman of 202 Charlotte Street, Lacytown and the late S. A. Blackman.

      DIED

      MAYERS – On Saturday, July 1, 1944, at his residence, 31 Norton Street, ELMOORE LEON (of The Demerara Life), beloved husband of Winifred, father of Elmoore, and Lee

      IN MEMORIAM
      ALEXANDER – Sacred to the memory of our dear AUNT CEL, who departed this life at Port Mourant, on July 1, 1943.
      “In our hearts thy memory lingers,
      Tenderly kind and true
      And there is not a day that passes
      That we do not think of you
      However long our lives may last
      Whatever lands we view
      Whatever grief or joy we share
      We will still remember you.”

      (Inserted by her loving husband and children)

      CAMPBELL - In memory of our loving one, DORA CHEMESLINA, who departed this life, June 22, 1943.
      “Gone from this world of pain and sorrow
      To a place of happiness
      Where she will find eternal rest

      (Sadly missed by children; Constance, Muriel, Ismay, Ivy, Oscar, Inez and husband Fred)

      GORING - In ever loving memory of JAMES, who departed this life on June 26, 1940.
      “Four years have passed since that sad day
      When our dear one was called away
      God took him home it was His will
      But in our hearts he liveth still.”

      (Inserted by Miriam (wife), Annie, Agatha, Hyacinth, Hilton, and Joyce (children).

      HARRIS-CHANCE - In sacred memory of PERCY CLEVELAND who died on June 30, 1943.
      “Short and sudden was the call,
      But the pains he bore them all;
      With his Heavenly father at his side
      Saying, come up higher and abide.”

      BLACKMAN- In sacred and never fading memory of our dear friend, HERBERT (Bill), who departed this life on July 3, 1943.
      B-rave, willing and always content
      L-ove and respected wherever he went
      A-lways thoughtful; willing and kind
      C-alm and pleasant at all times
      K-een and interested in whatever he may do
      M-ake him a master all through
      A-lways will his memory live
      N-ever receiving but zealously give.

      (Inserted by his friend Ivelaw Lovell)

      CHANCE - In loving memory of our dear mother, FRANCES, who departed this life on July 2, 1922, in her 66th, year, at Ithaca Village, W. B. Berbice. She leaves to mourn their loss, seven children, 14 grand and 16 great grand.
      “Who we love God loves best
      We see the present, but God knows the future
      We dare not choose our lot
      We would not if we might
      Choose thou for us our God
      So shall we walk aright.”

      (Inserted by her dear children, grand and great-grand)

      POLLYDORE - In loving memory of our beloved mother, GERTRUDE, who died on June

      MCINTOSH – In ever loving memory of our dear, MARY, who departed this life on July 2, 1943, at Friendship Village, East Coast, Demerara.
      God called thee home, He thought it best;
      From care and toil that thou should rest;
      Though in our hearts you linger still
      It was his will, He loves thee best;
      Until we meet in eternal peace,
      Sleep on beloved take thy rest.”

      (Inserted by her daughter, and grand daughter)

      DE SOUZA – In ever loving memory of our dear, IGNATIUS

      SOURCE:
      ANNOUNCEMENTS: - the Sunday Chronicle, Georgetown, British Guiana, South America – July 2, 1944: page 8.

      --
      Posted by M'lilwana to Guyana Genealogical and Biographical Society at 1/28/2005 06:28:41 PM