These are my beliefs. What are yours? Share them with me - will you?

  • Mlilwana Osanku
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 27, 2006
      I believe in the following;

      I believe in the Most High; the Creator of all worlds, the seen and
      the unseen.
      I believe in Bentick Sancho, John Sancho, Tuckness Sancho, their
      ancestors, siblings, relatives, descendants, and comrades.
      I believe in Lambert Tuckness Sancho, Mary Sancho, Swanton Blarnie
      Sancho, George Sancho, James Sancho and their generation.
      I believe in Alexander Sancho and his generation.
      I believe in Muriel Sancho, and her generation.
      I believe in the ancestors; known and unknown.
      I believe in kinship, relatives known and unknown.
      I believe in family first.

      I believe in the shareholders – those whose contributions are known
      as the Village Movement.
      I believe in Afro centricity.
      I believe in rural communities.
      I believe in Daniel Thomas Adolphus Jones, James Donald Ainsworth,
      Prophet Wills, James Alfred Trotman, Leopold Duncan Sarrabo, Paul
      McFarlane Lawrence, and all the working class heroes of the East
      Coast of Demerara.
      I believe Local Government must be local in every aspect thereof.
      I believe in Nabaclis, Golden Grove, Victoria, Friendship, Buxton,
      the East Coast, the West Coast, and the Corentyne Coast.
      I believe in Guyanese, Guyana, Barbadians, Trinidadians, the
      Caribbean, Africans, and Indians.
      I believe in the investment in people; young people.
      I believe in the victory of the people of Guyana over their
      politicians.

      I believe in the Rights of Man, and humanity
      I believe in civil society.
      I believe in love –brotherly and sisterly.

      I believe in people over personalities and profits.
      I believe in People's Power.
      I believe in every group of melanin dominant people of earth.
      I believe in people who are willing to sacrifice their lives to
      improve the livelihood of all peoples.
      I believe in the victory of over peoples of African origins over
      chaos.

      I believe the power of the people restore full measure of
      emancipation, independence without strings, and autonomy without
      chains.
      I believe in government by the people, for people.
      I believe in the victory of good over evil.
      I believe "A Change Gonna Come."
    • Neville Quelch
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 27, 2006
        As much as I share the same beliefs and I believe that most people in our present society have that same beliefs, we all have to make a living.  Self-survival is number one.  Without it there will be no one to help the less fortunate.

        I believe in profits because without it there will be no money for retirement.
        I believe in Adam Smith's invisible hand because without it the Earth's resources will be wasted to the detriment of future generations.

        I believe in people, not in one race, but all races working for the betterment of mankind.  I believe in the sharing of cultures for the enrichment of society.

        I have other beliefs but I don't have the time to try remembering them because there is work to be done to prepare the world for the future and future generations.

      • Vivian Nobrega Alves
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2006
          I believe that we all are divinely non perfect creatures .
          The only difference beetween us  is Species.
          Men and animals are from different species but  made with the same red blood.
          We all are one.
          Vivian

          Neville Quelch <nunicorng@...> escreveu:
[...]

          Yahoo! Acesso Grátis
          Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
            Hello Vivian

            What you say is so true.

            Ironically Guyana's National Motto is "One People, One Nation, One Destiny" although no one seems to have taken much note !

            I believe that deep down there is good in most people and good people can be found in all Societies of the World, there is good and bad in all Races.

            Yahoo! Mail

          • Vivian Nobrega Alves

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 4, 2006
                The motto are words uttered by the Honourable Brindley Horatio Benn. Mr. Benn is since, long
                forgotten. I am told Mr. Benn has surfaced in the Civic component of the PPP/C. It is very sad
                that such a hero is reduced to a shadow. His voice needs to be heard. Guyanese have turned the
                nation into the domain of Jagan and Burnham - the syndrome of evil and lesser evil - that is all I
                have been subjected to in the politics connected to Guiana.
                Where is truth? Where is the nation heading? What are the solutions to the unending hurt the
                masses are suffering, daily? when and how will Guyanese and Guyanese finally settle their
                differences? Thsoe are the tough questions Guyanese are reluctant to address. However, those are
                exatly the questions which must be answered, immediately - to prevent further bloodshed.

> [...]

                > improve the livelihood of all peoples.
                > I believe in the victory of over peoples of African origins over
                > chaos.
                >
                > I believe the power of the people restore full measure of
                > emancipation, independence without strings, and autonomy without
                > chains.
                > I believe in government by the people, for people.
                > I believe in the victory of good over evil.
                > I believe "A Change Gonna Come."
                >

                > ---------------------------------
                > Find your next car at Yahoo! Canada Autos
                >

                > ---------------------------------
                > Yahoo! Acesso Grátis
                > Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!
                >

                > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

                > ---------------------------------
                >

                > ---------------------------------
                > Yahoo! Acesso Grátis
                > Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!

                Eternal Blessings, Love, Peace, Power & Unity
                M'lilwana Osanku - Sancho of Nabaclis.
                Researching - Sancho, Campbell, Young (Younge), Solomon, Ross & Martin - Families of Guyana.
                History of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District, East Sea Coast Demerara, Guyana.

                "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots." The Most Honourable Marcus Garvey (1887-1940) People's Power Forever Vote AFC Tme for Change - down with ethnic politics -

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 8, 2006
                  Hello Vivien

                  It would be nice to see but unfortunately Politics and strife always gets in the way !

                  Hopefully there won't be eruptions this year with the forecoming Elections !

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 8, 2006
                    Hello Sancho

                    Guyana's History has always been turbelent !

                    If only the majority of people looked at the mistakes of the past they will see as to how to behave in the present and to avoid a similiar future !

                    Unfortunately though in Guyana History is forever repeating itself as too many people live in the past and continue to have the same distrusts and prejudices.

                    The words of Horatio Benn will probably continue to languish in the past as no one wants to heed his words !