A crying shame on ACDA

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 20, 2006
      My view the ACDA is one of those organizations whose leadership is misguided. I recognize they promote Garvey and Burnham above and beyond every person of African Origins. I am sick of such attitudes. I love Marcus Garvey. I hate what Burnham represented and still do dictatorship.
      The African Cultural & Development Association (ACDA) would best serve Africans in Guyana by enlightening them about their contributions to the development of Guyana , the Caribbean , and the Global Black Experience. Instead of sucking up to Forbes Burnham why not Dr. T. T. Nichols, William Stanley Braithwaite, Andrew Benjamin Brown, George Bunyan,  Edmund Fitzgerald Fredericks, Pharaoh Chase, George Edmund Cockfield, Sampson Nathaniel Collins (1898-1949), Bertram Aggrey Nathaniel Collins, Claude Hicks Augustus Denbow, Tappin Johnson Elliott, Isaac Evelyn, James William James, Daniel Thomas Adolphus Jones(1855-1945), Carlton Paton Browne Melbourne (d. 1962), George H. H. Morrison, Joseph Alfred Parkinson, Leopold Duncan Sarrabo, Barton Scotland, Hubert Alfred Thompson, Branford Trotman, Donald Ashley Bevel Trotman (b. 1899), James Alfred Trotman, Shurland "King Fighter" Wilson, Joseph Oscar FitzClarence Haynes, Eusi Kwayana, Joseph Eleazer, Trotz, Quamina, Damon, Boss Africa, Alfred A. Thorne, Duncan McRae Hutson, J. M. Rholehr, Samuel Edgar Wills, Egbert Martin, Martin Carter, many much more so great souls of Africans,  the shareholders of the African Villages in Guyana, Slaves who attempted self-emancipation in Guyana, and Africans who attempted national development and unity.

      More over ACDC should support the AFC. The ACDC if the have any love for People and particularly African experiences. They would not advice any body not to exercise their franchise. If they did so then the leaders of the ACDC have neither respect for their ancestor or for themselves. Why this love fest with the PNC – I can not understand it – after 50 years of nothing Africans in Guyana must realize the PNC is one of their many enemies – and therefore must look for new avenues to pursue development.

      A crying shame
      IN AN advertisement appearing in the January 18 edition of the Kaieteur News and on their website, the African Cultural & Development Association (ACDA) is advising African Guyanese not to partake and vote in the upcoming elections.
      Their main contention has to do with the flawed nature of the current constitution and the winner take all electoral system, which they dubbed a “racial referendum.”
      What an admission! ACDA should have made this position known a long time ago, especially during the 1970’s under President Burnham’s rule (was ACDA established then?).
      Africans were and would always be “relegated to second place” under the present electoral arrangement, but no one made a fuss during Burnham’s presidency, because he was always rigging the elections in the PNC’s favour.
      Organizations like ACDA made no call for changes to the political system then. What a crying shame.
      Now that ACDA has made its position known concerning the general elections slated for this year, the big question is would the PNCR adopt the same approach as ACDA.
      The PNCR holds a position that is not dissimilar to that of ACDA, i.e. the current political system is bankrupt and that “shared governance is the only way forward in Guyana.”
      Therefore, wouldn’t it be ambiguous to decry the present political system, yet give it legitimacy by contesting the electoral aspect of it?
      The PNCR has been keeping a low profile as of late (with the exception of responding to a few columnists).
      Maybe it’s time for them to clear the air if they are really committed to taking part in the next general elections.
      CLINTON URLING

      Eternal Blessings, Love, Peace, Power & Unity
      M'lilwana Osanku  - Sancho of Nabaclis.
      Researching - Sancho, Campbell, Young (Younge), Solomon, Ross &  Martin -  Families of Guyana.
      History of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District, East Sea Coast Demerara, Guyana.
      "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots."  The Most Honourable Marcus Garvey (1887-1940)

    • roger moore

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 27, 2006
          My Acer Travel Mate notebook computer crashed a few weeks ago – and when I was replacing the operating System- the CD-Rom drive expired. Therefore, I have faced an uphill battle without my reliable handy tool.
          I sent same to Acer Company in Temple Texas Wednesday, January 25, 2006 about 11. 35 AM. Thus I expect to repossess same either by Friday, February 3, 2006 or on Monday, February 6th 2006.
          A few days after which software had being reinstalled – I shall be communicating regularly again. In the meanwhile do bear with me – will you?

          Eternal Blessings, Love, Peace, Power & Unity
          M'lilwana Osanku  - Sancho of Nabaclis.
          Researching - Sancho, Campbell, Young (Younge), Solomon, Ross &  Martin -  Families of Guyana.
          History of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District, East Sea Coast Demerara, Guyana.
          "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots."  The Most Honourable Marcus Garvey (1887-1940)

          PhotoMail - it's free and works with your Yahoo! Mail.
        • Iain Adams