Any information on Joseph Samuel Alexander Gonsalves family

  • delavern1
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2005
      My father was Joseph Samuel Alexander Park but he was known as
      Gonsalves because that was his father's last name. His parents
      weren't married. I don't remember his mother's first name but she
      was a Park. Anyway I do not know any of my father's Gonsalves
      relatives except for some of my brothers and nieces and nephews. I
      have also never met two of my brothers Lesley and Dennis Gonsalves.
      Lesley may be somewhere in the hinterland of Guyana possibly the
      Rupununi and Dennis I believe is in Brazil or Venezuela. Dennis may
      be in his late 70's and Lesley in his late fifties or sixties.

      My father was born somewhere in Corentyne or Berbice on November
      8th, 1897. If anyone knows something about my father's family and
      especially my brothers Dennis and Lesley, I would like to know. My
      father lived most of his life between Paruima and the Rupununi. (I
      am not too sure about Paruima.) I know that he lived in the
      Rupununi at least from the late forties or early fifties. He had
      six sons, Dennis, Stanley, Edwin, Lesley, Louis and Ramon and two
      daughters, Vida and myself (Donna). Vida died when she was nine
      years old. My dad was married to his first wife from around 1927
      sometime in the 1930's or early 40's. She was Dennis and Vida's
      mom. My other brothers, Stanley, Lesley, Edwin and Ramon had
      different mothers (all Amerindian women); and Louis and I were the
      children of his second wife, Veronica, who he married in 1956.
      Louis is also dead. He died at the age of 24 in 1983. My dad
      Joseph died in 1982 at the age of 85. He actually disappered in the
      Rupununi and his body was never found. Our family believes because
      of his age, that he didn't survive.

      I know this post is long and drawn out but any information would be
      helpful.

      Thank you.

      Donna Gonsalves