[Guyana Genealogical and Biographical Society] DEATH OF MR. R.R. KERRY

  • M'lilwana
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2004
      DEATH OF MR. R.R. KERRY

      PUBLIC MANIFESTATION OF DEEP SYMPATHY

      LARGELY ATTENDED FUNERAL

      Georgetown July 3

      We regret to record the death of Mr. Robert Retna Kerry retired Sick
      Nurse and dispenser, which occurred at his residence at Peters Hall East Bank
      on Wednesday morning last.

      The deceased who was highly respected in the community, was Chairman of
      the Peters Hall Local Authority for several years.
      The deceased who was 72 years of age, was father of Drs. G. M. and F.M.
      Kerry, Messrs J.C. Kerry (Chemist and Druggist) and L.M. Kerry of the Deeds
      Registry Georgetown.

      We offer our sincerest condolence to the widow and other relatives of
      the deceased.

      The funeral ceremony was largely attended, and there was public
      manifestation of deep sympathy.

      In the afternoon (Wednesday) a solemn service was held at the St
      Matthew’s Parish Church Providence and the remains of the deceased was laid
      to rest in a tomb at the Church yard.

      Rev. J. F. Griffith B.D. priest-in-charge officiated. Many floral tributes
      were received from different sources.

      Source:
      The Guiana Review (Georgetown, British Guiana, South America) Sunday,
      3rd July. 1938: page 2.

      --
      Posted by M'lilwana to Guyana Genealogical and Biographical Society at 11/27/2004 11:08:59 AM