Tracing my Guyanese Roots

  • jul_storace
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2013
      Hello, everyone!

      I am looking for tips on how to find more information about my grandfather. His name was Cecil Martin and he born in the late 1800's in British Guiana (I have found documents listing his birth year as 1885 and 1895) and came to the United States around 1918. He lived in New York City and married my grandmother, Fritzi Schwarz. I have found him on the U.S. Census (1930 and 1940), but I would love to find out more, like his parents' names. Any ideas of where I could look?

      Thanks!
      Juliette