Re: [guyanese_genealogy] Searching for Cabral

  • Danielle Sullivan
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 8, 2012
      Hi there,

      Anything is possible. I know that a lot of people changed their names once they came to the US.  However, I have found the Cabral spelling dating back to 1876 and it is a very popular Portuguese name.

      Thanks for responding.
      Danielle

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 8, 2012
        Danielle,

        There are a few Cabrals listed in the BG directories:

        There's also one Maria Ribeiro Cabral listed in the current Telephone directory of Guyana:

        Not sure if this will help.

        Bernard Abraham

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 9, 2012
          Bernard,

          Thank you .  I will look into the links you provided.

          Thanks,
          Danielle

          Greetings. I have been researching my history and it has lead me to Guyana. My great grandfather was born there and maybe his father as well. According to the NY census, my gg grandfathers parents were from Portuguese originally. If anyone knows of the Cabral line can you please contact me.
          Regards,

        • Raquel Poitevien
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 10, 2012
            hi danielle, we have been searching for years. I will invite youto geenom and there is another line of Cabral very related: The sister of my grand-grand mother was married with the same Cabral after the first one died. All of them are double related. What is the name of your Father? Have you lived in Guyana? I hope keep in contact with you.
            Raquel

            To: guyanese_genealogy@yahoogroups.com
            From: danysullivan@...
            Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 03:47:47 +0000