Society or burial society

  • winslow
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2011
      I regularly watch the NBC program "Who do you think you are".On the last episode Lionel Richie traced his roots,and found out he had ancesters who belong to the Knights of wise men.This seemed at be at least a burial society.I remember my mother would go to a hall in guyana once a month and pay her" society".She had a book which was stamp declaring her payments were up to date.There seemed to be some similiality between what existed in guyana and the Knights of wise men.I am interested in any information about the history and evolution of the "society"in guyana.Including if any such organization or direct decendant of it still exist