The Daily Chronicle - Cycle Racing, Deaths and Marriages

  • Sancho Bentick Campbell Friday Kissoon So
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2009

      I am hoping to locate the following articles this weekend in The Daily Chronicle;

      1. George Ross Winner of Harriers Cycle Club Annual – New Amsterdam to Port Mourant and back – 30 Mile feature
      2. The Deaths of Bishop William Percy Austin [Wednesday, November 9, 1892]; Reverend Henry Valentine Peter Bronkhurst [Wednesday, July 17, 1895] ;Mary Elizabeth Pilgrim [Monday, June 23, 1924];  and Nathaniel Jordan [Saturday, April 7, 1928]
      3. The Marriages of Chichester and Callighan [Saturday, August 6, 1904 ], Bobb and Wickham [Monday, December 7, 1914] ,Pilgrim and Parkinson [Monday, April 24, 1916] and  Moore and Lawrence [Saturday, April 19, 1924]

      I am praying they are found and they introduce me to members of the kinship of Sancho who are now forgotten and/or unknown to the living.

      Do you have any thing you would love to share with me respecting the subjects indicated in this correspondence?

      Golden Grove - This village in which I reside was perfectly quiet. The Portuguese shop was untouched and kept open during the whole excitement; and have great pleasure in reporting that the 100 members we have here were all prepared and ready under the leader Mr. Bentick Sancho, well known to the honourable Mr. Porter, to turn out, not to destroy, but to protect the Portuguese shop had the rioters from the other villages attempted to come here on Monday night. The village was so quiet on Tuesday night that Mr. Bentick Sancho who has considerable influence with the people of Victoria went with his minister to that village to aid him in allaying the excitement.