copyright infringement - Guyanese genealogy forum

  • M'lilwana Osanku
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2008

      Season’s Greeting to you and to all your loved ones, also to your associates and even your so-called enemies.

      I was a bit miffed that I was neither informed nor aware that a violation had transpired.

      However, I am under the impression that the deed was not malicious nor was it vicious and therefore I am a bit taken aback as to why Tikwis A. Begbie did not realize that my relative was not acting for her own gain but her intention was clear to promote awareness. I believe this action was too forthright. My relative was not seeking to access financial rewards. Also I thought Tikwis A. Begbie should have notified both myself and my relative before taking the steps she took. Certainly, I would have removed the links if I knew they were in violation of copyright infringement. In fact, I used them and realized a connection to Storey of Golden Grove – which a descendant residing in Connecticut was quite appreciative.

      To say I am utterly disappointed is an understatement. Ole Samuel Johnson (1709-1784) was absolutely correct good intentions are all resting in the cemetery…people are simply to narrow and too rigid for my tastes these days. A simply correspondence would have achieved the desired effect. It all too unfortunate for Tikwis A. Begbie had shown she was cooperative and tolerance in my dealings with her. Now I all too afraid to approach her with enquiries respecting brick-walls…too cold  I may add for my tastes...

      Again very disappointed.

      Sincerely

      Sancho explaining and in defence of  Sancho