NYU Library

  • M'lilwana Osanku
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2008

       In a few days; I shall be visiting the Library at NYU. The intention is to locate and obtain copies of the obituaries of James Alfred Trotman, Carlton Paton Browne Melbourne, and Theophilus Augustus Luke – and the published articles relative to the deaths of the sisters Mrs. Seymour (1964) and Mary Chichester before March 1965 and Charles Campbell in October-December 1964.

      Certainly, I shall copy the announcements published in the Sunday edition of the Daily Chronicle newspapers and the Sunday Chronicle as I encounter them. Also I shall try to access the PNC newspapers the New Nation. I have no idea what may be found relevant to biography and genealogy in that publication.

      I have about eighty PDF files of announcements published in the Sunday edition of the Daily Chronicle (October 1957-February 1966) and the Sunday Chronicle (February 1966-1986) newspapers. I would love to make them available to family historians and others so interested. However, I have no source to place them online at this minute. It would be a tedious venture to place them on GGBS blog site at this time. I am not with that other forum I founded some time ago – that’s for sure – enough said.

      “Discovering and reclaiming our ancestral heritage; Honoring our ancestors must become to the descendants as natural as breathing.” ...M’lilwana Osanku