Fwd: Georgetown 1909: Anglican Church

  • M'lilwana Osanku
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2008
      will you please assist

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: <AmySusanMoore@...>
      Date: Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 8:14 AM
      Subject: Georgetown 1909: Anglican Church
      To: nabaclisman@...

      Good morning, Sir

      First of all, congratulations on your Website !

      My name is Amy Susan and I would much appreciate if you could let me know who were part of the Anglican Clergy in the year 1909, particularly Christ Church, Georgetown.

      Wishing you a successful day

      Sincerely yours

      Amy Susan

      --
      "The slave may have appeared in a profit and loss account as an item, a thing, a piece of property, but he faced his new situation as an African, a worker, and a man. At this level of perception – It is quite irrelevant to enquire from which tribe or region a particular African originated"… Walter Anthony Rodney (1942 -1980) Dares Salaam Tanzania
      October 1969

      "The similarity of African survivals in the New World points not to tribal peculiarities but to the essential oneness of African Culture; that culture was the shield which frustrated the efforts of Europeans to dehumanize Africans through servitude"… Walter Anthony Rodney (1942 -1980)

      "The kind of ancestors we have is not as important as the kind of descendants our ancestors have"… Dr. Phyllis Ann Wallace (1920-1993)
    • Joan Seymour
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2008
        There is a website on Guyana and on this there is a link giving the
        history of St. George's Cathedral and a list of the clergy who served
        there. I think that the site can be accessed through the Guyana
        Biographical etc.. Hope this helps, Joan

        Joan T.Seymour,
        Consultant

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2008
          I sent a message earlier but have just found another reference : there
          is a publication by Blanche Emeline Duke - The history of the Anglican
          Church (in Guyana) published by the Red Thread Press, 2000 in Guyana.
          That should have the exact information you are looking for, Joan Seymour

          Joan T.Seymour,
          Consultant