BARBADOS FAMILIES.

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23 5:20 PM
      I have decided to see if I can find a connection to my family through Barbados.  Judging from the responses I received for look ups in Barbados on the forum as well as private messages I received, I feel I am not alone.  I have not been successful in finding info in Guyana so I am trying to see if there is a connection to Barbados.  I say all that because when I brought my book back to the library today the next one was already in.  The name of this one is Tracing Ancestors in Barbados.  In case anyone is interested I might be posting things that I find that might be of intrest to the group.  Please let me know if I am out of line.  I thought it was interesting in the Barbados book that many slaves were manumised in Barbados and since Guyana is so close and traded was done between the 2 places there might be a possibly of finding ancestors in Barbados.  It falls under the term "leaving no stones unturned"
      Anyway here is a site that this book recommended and I  found to be of particular interest.

      there are different tops that you can search surnames under.  I did find that the site has room for improvement.  For instance when you search there is no link to go back to the home page.  I use the back keys.

      Hope this helps someone.

      Jacki
      Again let me know if I am out of line