Who is who in British Guiana book

  • nfantasy80
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2008
      I seen some pages from the book Who is who in British Guiana in the
      photo section. I want to know if you acn purchase this book or where
      you can find it at?
    • M'lilwana Osanku
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2008
        I am happy you asked these recurring questions respecting the publications; “Who is who in British Guiana ”
        This is my understanding;
        Charles Noel Delph and Vincent Roth are the editors of four editions of “Who is who in British Guiana ”.
        They were published by the Daily Chronicle limited in Georgetown , British Guiana .
        They were published in 1937, 1940, 1944 and 1948
        1. Who is who in British Guiana - [1935-1937] First Edition
        2. Who is who in British Guiana - [1938-1940] Second Edition
        3. Who is who in British Guiana - [1941-1944] Third Edition
        4. Who is who in British Guiana - [1945-1948] Fourth Edition

        It is my understanding;
        All four editions are housed at the Caribbean Research Center , the Library of the University of Guyana , at Turkeyen, East Coast, Demerara.
        The Fourth Edition is relatively widely found in research institution in the western society. It is found at the British Library in London , the New York Public Library, the research libraries Humanities and Social Sciences Library, Fifth Avenue at 42nd Street , and Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture in Harlem, and at the Bobcat the library of New York University in New York City .
        I am aware the first and second editions, are accessed by patrons here in the USA from research institutions in the USA by a system known as inter library loan ( ILL ). You should check with the library that is convenient to your needs.
        The University of the West Indies has a the second edition  at Mona, I believe the fourth edition at St. Augustine and two editions at Cave Hill campus but however, the complete series is not found at any of the Campuses of the University of the West Indies.

        There seems to be a publication entitled who is who in British Guiana -Civil Service List – 1935. I am not sure. If you look at the name and date of publication of the first edition – you would then begin to understand why I seriously doubt there is such a publication.
         Therefore the best location a researcher should be in order to access the publications is at the Caribbean Research Center , the Library of the University of Guyana , at Turkeyen, East Coast, Demerara. You should try to contact folks who access the library…
        The librarian named Cummings has not responded to the enquiries I sent her.

        nfantasy80 <Quietgrl80@...> wrote:
        I seen some pages from the book Who is who in British Guiana in the
        photo section. I want to know if you acn purchase this book or where
        you can find it at?

        "Only God Can Judge Us, Either Love Us or Leave Us Alone, May be you’ll Love Us When We Die . If You Can't Respect That Your Whole Perspective Is Wack." Mlilwana Osanku