George Augustus Low

  • NikkiRose1989
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21 9:01 AM
      Hi, my grandfather was born in Guyana 28th August 1924, he doesn't
      remember his real mother's maiden name because she died when he was
      four years old, she was of Chinese heritage and his father remarried a
      Guyanese woman.

      I know I need more information. I will find out his father's name and
      what else I can. What kind of questions would I need to ask to find
      out more? I know birthdates and names.

      Any help would be great, Grandad is coming tomorrow for dinner and I
      plan to ask him then.

      Many Thanks,
      Nikki Rose.
    • Roberta Ogle
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 21 10:09 AM
        Hello All, I hope someone will be able to assist me with starting my family tree. I am not sure where to begin. I currently reside in the US and an mot sure if their are tools available on the web that I would be able to use because most of that tree except for the current generation would have been born in guyana.My name is Roberta Ann Ogle i was born in Georgetown Guyana November 4th 1975. I was Baptized in Trinity Methodist Church Demerara Guyana April 11th 1976. I am one of many children Of Patrick Leland Ogle son of Dorris Ogle of Plesance.I think at some time my father may have been the commissioner of national parks. I am also the Daughter of Grace Paton which was changed from Grace Moe born Essequibo, Guyana November 21st 1949.My god parents were listed as Margot Musa, Vera Hintzen & Charles Vibert Sealey.If anyone has any information or any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

        Thank You.
        Roberta Ogle

      • alison roberts
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 21 1:21 PM

          Hi Roberta,

          I know you have lots of relatives here (in Beterverwagting Village on the East Coast of Demerara), in Georgetown and some in the USA.

          My sister married into the family and the Ogles in Guyana, are descendants of an African from Nigeria...Ogolu or Ogolo...I will forward this email to my niece Cadija and maybe she can help you in a small way...I will also see if other Ogles I know have email addresses so that they can chat with you.

          Ciao

          Beatrice Alison Roberts-Austin