the List of the Rural Constables in the colony of British Guiana, as of Thursday, March 10, 1938

  • Sancho Campbell Friday Young
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2007

      The List of the Rural Constables in the colony of British Guiana , as of Thursday, March 10, 1938

      http://groups.google.com/group/annsgrove/

      Golden Grove - This village in which I reside was perfectly quiet. The Portuguese shop was untouched and kept open during the whole excitement; and have great pleasure in reporting that the 100 members we have here were all prepared and ready under the leader Mr. Bentick Sancho, well known to the honourable Mr. Porter, to turn out, not to destroy, but to protect the Portuguese shop had the rioters from the other villages attempted to come here on Monday night. The village was so quiet on Tuesday night that Mr. Bentick Sancho who has considerable influence with the people of Victoria went with his minister to that village to aid him in allaying the excitement.
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 22, 2007
        Hello Sancho

        Some of the British Guiana Gazettes have lists of all the Police Officers recorded by place and District too.

        They also give lists of those who had been Police Officers but had been dismissed or who retired but didn't give any other details.

        I have came across lists a few times also lists of Justices of the peace and other positions.

        Did you know there was Judge Branco in Berbice, i believe he is the same Branco who was Headmaster at Port Mourant Roman Catholic School and also a Officer in the British West India Regiment.