Re: [guyanese_genealogy] Re: Interest in Guyanese genealogy

    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 28, 2005
      Hello Sancho

      I will see what i can come up with.

      Just one thing, would there be any Portuguese connections ?

      The name is very common amongst those of Madeiran descent.

      Sancho of Nabaclis <childrenofsancho@...> wrote:

      J. H. De Ryck,  Compositor, Charlotte street...

      The British Guiana Directory for1879 - Georgetown, Demerara:  Printed by The Colonists Office. (Page 57)

      What I am trying to say is let us move forward.

      Jon
      See if you could find anything on Sancho - for Guyana, and English Speaking Caribbean Nations. thanks a million....

      "Jon - Budmart.co.uk" <budmartuk@...> wrote:

      Hello Sharon

      A "White Creole" was a European who was born and raised in the West Indies.

      The term "Creole" was originally used to describe European West Indians who were of Spanish or French origin as to seperate them from Europeans of British origin.

      The term was later used to describe Africans who were born in the West Indies as opposed to being born in Africa.

      This is when they used the terms "White Creole", "Coloured Creole" and "Creole" do refer to the different "Native" peoples of the West Indies.

      It is nowadays just another term for anyone who is from the West Indies or to describe something such as Cuisine which is Native to the Region.

      "Ma Retraite" is of French origin and means "my retirement", French names were more common in the Islands but there are some places in Guyana with French names although some of these are from the time of the French occupation (during which the French founded the City of Longchamps, renamed Stabroek by the Dutch and then Georgetown by the British).

      Your Rootsweb idea sounds good, maybe it could become the "Official" website for the GG&BS if the Moderator agrees.

      We could all then have one place to refer to and to add bits and pieces and links.

      I suppose now the Society has been established we will need responsible members to act as Secretaries etc but we can't do anything until we hear back from the Moderator as it is his "baby" if you like and i wouldn't want to step on any toes !!

      I think your ideas are very good and will help the Society to advance all we need is the feedback and we can work something out.

      I have glanced at Rootsweb once or twice but have not looked at it fully, i will have a look at their set up and see what they can offer.

      Hope to hear from you all soon.

      Sharon <deuxchat@...> wrote:

      Hi Jon and all,
      Wow - I've learned so much from you....I always heard about Flemish
      painters and such and wondered what country they were from.  Now I
      know - AND know why the difference in spelling of the name and its
      origins!  And on top of that, now I know what colored creole means
      too! I sure appreciate it Jon.  This creates one more question for
      me though - Louise's father was listed as "white creole" so what
      does that mean?

      Thanks also for the meaning of the "Ma Retraite" words on Louise's
      Berbice birth certificate.  I would never have found out what it
      meant on my own!

      I just had a thought - to get going, why don't we create a website
      on Rootsweb?  Its free and we can post any records we have, photos,
      etc. there.

      I would gladly volunteer to create it as I have done this for other
      genealogical socities. If you like this idea, let me know and I'll
      request a website from Rootsweb.  I can do the website myself, but
      for content, we'll all to agree that this would be a good first
      step, and then - and very important - we'll all have to contribute
      something for website content. To start off, contributions of photos
      of Guyana, or stories about the experience of living in Guyana,
      schools, history, etc, would be great.  This would establish a
      beginning for the society and provide an international "home" for
      concentrating on Guyanese genealogy.

      Hope to hear from the other members and their thoughts about the
      website!  (Thoughts - Do we need "officers", a mailing address and
      way to get new members via the web?)

      Thanks again for your help Jon!

      Sharon

      --- In guyanese_genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Jon - Budmart.co.uk"
      <budmartuk@y...> wrote:
      > Hello Sharon

      > No problem at all, i am glad you found the information of use.

      > Regarding the name De Ryck your Relative is partly right and i am
      also partly right.

      > The reason being that the name is actually Flemish and does
      originate from the Flanders Region of Belgium rather than from the
      Netherlands.

      > I am aware of this, the reason i refered to it as being Dutch is
      that at the time of your Ancestors arrival in South America Belgium
      did not exist as a Country and was part of the Netherlands,
      therefore they came from Holland rather than Belgium and Flemish is
      actually a dialect of Dutch that is spoken in the Northern half of
      Belgium.

      > So the De Rycks are kind of both Flemish and Dutch, depending on
      the period in question.

      > The "Ma Retraite" you were reffering to was a Plantation in
      Berbice and is now a small village.

      > This was proberly the birth place of Loiuse Busey De Ryck and the
      Plantation owned by John Busey.

      > As her Mother Teresa is mentioned as being a "Coloured Creole" she
      may be related to the other Brummel Family as this can be another
      term for someone who is Mulatto, therefore having a mixture of
      African and European blood.

      > Regarding Church records, the local Parish Church will be the best
      place to start, first of all you need to identify if they were Roman
      Catholic or Anglican or belonged to another Church.

      > You then need to find the local Church of that denomination in the
      area that they lived and there is a good chance that they will have
      some kind of record of your Family being resident in the Parish.

      > Concerning the Guyanese G & BS, i have just noticed that the Group
      name has been changed to this, so i guess we must already be members
      of the Society.

      > A lot of Institutions do charge for their services such as finding
      records or faxing, photocopying etc but generally as long as we know
      where to look and what to look for and do our own copying it is more
      or less free.

      > Personally, i am all for such services being free as it is a
      expensive pursuit and it helps keep the costs to a minimum, there
      are a number of Professional Genealogists who research for a living
      but their fees can be rather costly.

      > The Institutions in question though to tend to be well organised
      and have retained the records in good condition, unfortunately, this
      doesn't apply to much to Guyana's Records Offices as they have been
      starved of funds and have been neglected for decades.

      > There are a number of records in England and possibly in the
      Netherlands, i know that a lot of their Surinamese records are
      available online but i am not sure whether their records for Berbice
      and Essequibo and Demerara are included.

      > I am also interested in seeing "Guiana 1838", it was released in
      America last year but has still to be shown in the U.K.

      > It is currently being shown in Barbados and Trinidad and has
      already been shown in Canada and Belize where it won the Belize Film
      Festival prize.

      > I don't think it has been released onto DVD yet but it is still
      being shown at selected Cinemas in the U.S. and Canada.

      > Some of the Filming was done at No. 63 Beach in Berbice and in
      other local places, the rest was done in Canada and England.

      > I have read mixed reviews but this is mostly regarding the "in
      story" storylines, regarding Historical accuracy and the story of
      Slavery and Indenture this film is a must.

      > Regards

      > Jon

      > Sharon <deuxchat@y...> wrote:
      >
      > Hi all,
      > Jon, thank you so much for taking the time to look for my
      surnames!
      > I really appreciate it. I was aware of a De Ryck family living in
      > Hawaii but haven't found their connection to my line yet if any.
      We
      > have a living relative in Belgium who tells me that the name is
      not
      > Dutch, as the Dutch name is spelled de Rijk. However, I always
      > thought it was Dutch.
      >
      > Our De Ryck line's oldest ancestor was Louis De Ryck who is
      > mentioned in some documents from Holland ca 18th century Guiana.
      > Most of our family left Guyana in 1923 and 1926 for New York, many
      > aboard the SS Mayaro.  The first De Ryck to come to the US was
      Harry
      > De Ryck who came for two years in 1905-1907 and then came again in
      > 1923, then his wife and children 3 years later. Several uncles
      > stayed longer where one owned a soda factory in Georgetown, but
      now
      > lives in Ontario. The De Ryck's and Busey's lived the rest of
      their
      > lives in New York City.
      >
      > Through immigration documents I know where the families lived in
      > Georgetown in the early 1920s.  The Brummel family lived on
      > Charlotte Street, De Ryck on South Road, and Busey on Water
      Street.

      > Our Henry DeRyck (ca. approx 1858 - 1900?) married a Christina
      > Cushman.  His son Harry De Ryck (1878 to 1930) married Louise
      > Busey.  The parents of Louise was John Ludwig Busey and Albertha
      > Brummel. Among the immigration papers for Louise Busey De Ryck,
      was
      > a copy of the Register of her birth ca 1895 in Berbice.  It shows
      > her father, John Busey, as a white creole planter and mother,
      > Theresa Albertha Brummel, as a colored creole.  Under this is
      > written what looks like "Phi. Ma Retraite" - I have no idea what
      > this means. Unfortunately, this was the only Guyanese document
      from
      > in the packet. I have heard of John Brummel from another Brummel
      > researcher but I am unsure if our ancestor, Theresa Albertha
      Brummel
      > was any relation to him. Without access to Guyanese records, I am
      > not hopeful, but I will see if I can find anything on the
      daughters
      > you found on English or American records. Thanks so much!
      >
      > I actually got the address for the Registrar in Georgetown a few
      > years ago from the Ancestry Guyana board and wrote to them.  I
      > didn't receive a reply.  At one time, they also had a website but
      > emails went unanswered.  I have thought about writing to a church
      > for records, but have no idea what church to write to!  So for all
      > of these reasons, I was excited to learn of the interest in a
      Guyana
      > Genealogical Society which I share.  I realize that to have an
      > effective group, the support of the government offices and efforts
      > of researchers there is vital, as that is where the records are.
      > wonder if anyone realizes that if they charged for genealogical
      > services, it would pay for the preservation of what records are
      > still in existence and perhaps even make some extra!  I would
      > definately volunteer to transcribe and prepare documents for
      online,
      > but I can't get to Guyana to do that!  Perhaps the British and
      Dutch
> [...]
      > post of Sheriff of Demerara in the 1870s.
      > >
      > > His Daughter Majorie Brumell married a Portuguese Indentured
      > worker from Madeira called Manuel Comacho.
      > >
      > > Another descendant is Gloria Brumell who comes from Triumph EBD
      > whose Husband was behind the construction of the Abary Bridge.
      > >
      > > Another Relative was a Jane Eleanor Brumell who was born in
      > Georgetown in 1869 and passed away in 1942, she married a Norman
      > Newsam in 1895.
      > >
      > > These are only small bits but may prove useful for your research.
      > >
      > > Regards
      > >
      > > Jon
      > >

      > > "Jon - Budmart.co.uk" <budmartuk@y...> wrote:
      > > Hello Sharon
      > >
      > > It is almost impossible to do any research in Guyana.
      > >
      > > The Record Offices are in a very bad state, a lot of records
      have
      > been damaged or lost through climatic conditions or through
      general
      > neglect over the years.
      > >
      > > However, they still have a good number of records available and
      > can provide details.
      > >
      > > It is best to contact the Registrars for Births, Deaths and
      > Marriages and the Archives for anything else.
      > >
      > > I will look into your list of names and see if i can come across
      > anything.
      > >
      > > For a start the name De Ryck is of Dutch origin and the Dutch
      > Colonised Guyana until the arrival of the British in the early
      19th
      > Century.
      > >
      > > I will see what i can find and get back to you in a few days.
      > >
      > > Regards
      > >
      > > Jon
      > >

      > > Sharon <deuxchat@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am doing research on my father-in-law's family who were from
      > > Guyana.  They left in the late 1920s for the US.  Through US
      > > immigration papers, I was able to find some info (which took
      over
      > 1
      > > year to receive, by the way).  Still, there are many unanswered
      > > questions - like marriage records, etc.
      > >
      > > Will this genealogy society be based in Guyana or some other
      > country?
      > > I have heard that it is almost impossible to do research outside
      > of
      > > Guyana - is that true?
      > >
      > > The families I am researching are:  De Ryck, Busey (orignally
      > planter
      > > in Berbice), Brumell, and Cushman (or Cashman).  I am unsure of
      > the
      > > last surname because it is parents names handwritten on death
      > > certificate and is difficult to read.
      > >
      > > What can we as members of this group, do to help get a society
      > going?
      > >
      > > Sharon
      > >

      > > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

      > >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      > Service.
      > >

      > > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

      > > Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

      Service.

      > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

      M'lilwana Osanku -[Selwyn H. Ross]--Sancho of Nabaclis
      Researcher for Sancho Family History
      Golden Grove and Nabaclis, Guyana.

    • Sharon
      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 28, 2005
        Fortunately, our website look however we would like and you are so
        right....planning is absolutely essential and should be what the
        leaders/founders of this group want.

        In the meantime, I've looked to see what is already on Rootsweb re:
        Guyana. Under Guyana, there is one site listed - "Chinese in
        Guyana: Their Roots" which you can view at this link:
        http://www.rootsweb.com/~guycigtr/

        I am including some of the rules on for getting free space for our
        website at Rootsweb servers below:

        Historical and Genealogical Societies may request free web space for
        their organization. A society is defined as an organization that has
        a generally open membership and focuses on a region or ethnic group.

        Please remember that your use of RootsWeb's resources implicitly
        signifies agreement with RootsWeb's Acceptable Use Policy. Please
        read our usage policy at:
        http://www.rootsweb.com/rootsweb/aup.html.

        This page may be printed out if the society's webmaster will need
        approval from their governing board.

        There are only a few rules that apply to free space at RootsWeb

        - Upload no copyrighted material, except with permission.

        - Upload no GEDCOMs or other pedigree-related material. These would
        take up too much space and should be uploaded to the WorldConnect
        and then linked to your web site.

        - Upload no commercial material.

        - The "no commercial material" rule is flexible, especially in the
        case of Genealogical Societies. You may go ahead and sell
        memberships, books, and research services.

        - The account belongs to the Genealogical/Historical Society. If a
        webmaster resigns, the account password will be reissued to an
        officer of the Society upon request.

        - If you wish to use affiliate links (those commercial links that
        pay you for the folks that click on them), you may only link to
        official My.Family/Ancestry affiliates. To learn more about this
        program, visit Ancestry's Partners Page.

        - Please don't use your RootsWeb space as a "dump" for material that
        won't fit on your main site elsewhere. Such practices can create a
        serious support problem for RootsWeb -- it is difficult to know if
        the site is still active , people accessing the site with an
        incomplete URL don't know where to start, etc. If you must split
        your site between RootsWeb and another server elsewhere, please
        maintain a main page on RootsWeb, preferably an index.htm or
        index.html, that provides access to the material hosted in the
        RootsWeb account, and links to your main page elsewhere. In
        addition, do n ot use RootsWeb space for a redirect page.

        - An acknowledgement that RootsWeb is hosting your site would be
        appreciated.

        <budmartuk@y...> wrote:
        > Hello Sharon
        >
        > Sancho has given the thumbs up so its almost all systems go !!
        >
        > I have voted in the poll to decide what happens next, hopefully
        the votes will be conclusive and we will be able to get a website up
        and running.

        > Your link at Rootsweb looks impressive and gives us a impression
        of what the GG&BS site can look like.

        > I can see this Group becoming more established.
        >
        > We don't want to rush too far ahead though as we need to carefully
        plan the layout and content of the site.

        > I can see this being a well worthwhile project.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Jon
        >
        > Sharon <deuxchat@y...> wrote:
        >
        > Thanks once again to Jon for teaching me about the terminology I
        am
        > unfamiliar with. I am so excited to learn about the terminology
        on
        > my family that I've read with no understanding until now.
        >
        > I will wait for the moderator's response about my idea for a
        Society
        > website at Rootsweb, as he is the founder and the office of the
        > group. Most genealogical socities have their websites sponsored
        at
        > Rootsweb because it is free. I've never incurred a limit on the
        > storage space for online photos or data nor for bandwidth used -
        it
        > is totally free for genealogical societies and for surname
        sites.
        > They also provide a guestbook where people can leave their
        thoughts,
        > etc. but it is not interactive. So the only thing missing is an
        > interactive message board, which other societies have had to pay
        for
        > or they have established a Yahoo group. We're ahead already by
        > having the group and members!
        >
        > I created a site for the Tishomingo County Mississippi
        Genealogical
> [...]
        Dutch
        > > > Colonised Guyana until the arrival of the British in the early
        > > 19th
        > > > Century.

        > > over
        > > > 1
        > unanswered

        > > > country?
        > outside
        > > > of

        > > > planter
        > of
        > > > the

        > > > going?

        > > > Service.

        > around

        > > Service.
        > > >

        > > > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

        around
        > > > http://mail.yahoo.com

        > Service.
        > >

        > > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

        Service.

        > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

        > http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Richard B. Cheddie
        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 28, 2005
          I think that the rest of Guyana is under the www.genforum.com server.

          Cheddie
          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 29, 2005
            Hello Sharon

            The Chinese in Guyana website is Trevor Quan-A-Sue's site, one i have looked at many times and a excellant resource.

            Some of it's information can be crossed referenced and used by all Ethnic Groups in Guyana.

            The terms and conditions for Rootsweb look very reasonable especially when they are offering free hosting and unlimited webspace.

            The only exception that isn't too much of a problem is regarding copyright, sometimes it is difficult to know whether some things are copyrighted or not but it is something that can be sorted out without too much trouble.

            As soon as the poll is concluded we can make further arrangements.

            <budmartuk@y...> wrote:
> [...]

            > unanswered

            > > > country?
            > outside
            > > > of

            > > > planter
            > of
            > > > the

            > > > going?

            > > > Service.

            > around

            > > >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
            > > Service.
            > > >

            > > > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

            > > > Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection
            around
            > > > http://mail.yahoo.com

            > >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
            > Service.
            > >

            > > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

            > > Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

            Service.

            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 29, 2005
              Hi Jon,

              Keep an open mind and eye - I look all all folks surnamed Sancho. I believe my foreparents got that surname in England after Ignatius Sancho 1729-1780 - I do not know for sure. Circumstantial evidence points to ole Ignatius Sancho - I am after Afro- Osbornes of UK as well this would indicate one way or another whether Ole Ignatius is my forefather.

              I will not disregard a Portuguese or Spanish Connection - one never knows what really took place over hundreds of years... I would like to cover all basis.

              Methodists church records - does anybody have any idea how and where to access them?  They would have data of many ethnic groups of Guyana - especially Indians and Africans. The  three brothers; Bentick, John and Tuckness Sancho were Methodists, and I would like to read the writings of Rev. William Hudson ca. 1856.

              Sharon,
              I need lots of help with my family website - ideas and creativity - perhaps, you'd like to assist me and my kinfolks.
              Good people - share your ideas - let us move forward. I am willing to do look ups here in NYC just let me know and give me time to access the data.

              Thank you very much.....
              Peace....

              <budmartuk@y...> wrote:
> [...]

              > country?
              > > I have heard that it is almost impossible to do research outside
              > of
              > > Guyana - is that true?
              > >
              > > The families I am researching are:  De Ryck, Busey (orignally
              > planter
              > > in Berbice), Brumell, and Cushman (or Cashman).  I am unsure of
              > the
              > > last surname because it is parents names handwritten on death
              > > certificate and is difficult to read.
              > >
              > > What can we as members of this group, do to help get a society
              > going?
              > >
              > > Sharon
              > >

              > > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

              > >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
              > Service.
              > >

              > > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

              > > Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

              Service.

              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 30, 2005
                Hello Sancho

                I have heard of Ignatius Sancho but as you say it is a long shot.

                A lot of Africans who went to England were either freemen or became free and usually married Europeans and so did their offspring.

                Today there are a lot of "White" people in England and elsewhere who assume that they are fully Anglo-Saxon but have African Ancestry in their Family tree.

                Regarding the Church records, i would have thought that records would be kept in the Parish Church where Rev. Hudson preached.

                Sometimes there may be a Methodist society or similiar where records may also be kept.

                The Church though should have records of Bapstisms, Marriages and Burials that took place.

                Again, some of these records may have been moved to the National Archives or similiar.

                Sancho, i am interested in where you obtained the old Newspaper and Gazette information.

                <budmartuk@y...> wrote:
> [...]

                > country?
                > > I have heard that it is almost impossible to do research outside
                > of
                > > Guyana - is that true?
                > >
                > > The families I am researching are:  De Ryck, Busey (orignally
                > planter
                > > in Berbice), Brumell, and Cushman (or Cashman).  I am unsure of
                > the
                > > last surname because it is parents names handwritten on death
                > > certificate and is difficult to read.
                > >
                > > What can we as members of this group, do to help get a society
                > going?
                > >
                > > Sharon
                > >

                > > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

                > >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                > Service.
                > >

                > > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

                > > Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

                Service.

                Message 7 of 29 , May 3, 2005
                  Jon and all the other good people herein,

                  I believe you are in the UK. I am not sure. The consortium of Research libraries in the USA - has a system they call the InterLibrary Loan (ILL). This system allows researchers to access materials which are housed in the various Research libraries in the USA. I am positive the UK has a similar system - thus I will advise you to check the British Library for their system of  libraries connected to their Universities and research institutions.

                  type (Guyana)
                  print Print this page
                  home Home
                  site search Search British Library website
                  back Back

                  search tips  Search tips
                  new search New search
                  modify search Modify last search

                  Latest results list

                  Full record display

                  PlaceGeorgetown; Guyana
                  Main titleThe Argosy
                  Numbersno.1-1692
                  Dates2 Oct.1880-17 Aug.1889; 1 March 1890- 30 March 1907

                   Continued asThe Weekly Argosy
                   Numbersno.1693 - 1774
                   Dates6 April 1907-24 Oct.1908

                  NotesNot published between 17 Aug.1889 and 1 March 1890.
                  A compilation of announcements of births, marriages and deaths reported in The Argosy from 1880-96 is held in the Reading Room Reference Collection.
                  Microfilm.
                  ShelfmarkM.C.551.

                  Full record display

                  PlaceGeorgetown; Guyana
                  Main titleDemerara Daily Chronicle
                  Numbersno.2-1039
                  Dates5 Nov.1881-31 Dec.1884

                   Continued asThe Daily Chronicle
                   DatesJan.1885-28 May 1916; 22 Aug.1916- 30 June 1922; 1 Jan.1930-30 Aug.1931; 1 Jan-1932-31 July 1938; 1 Jan.1939- 22 Dec,1951; 1 Oct.1957-26 June 1977; 15 June-29 Dec.1978

                  NotesSunday issues are entitled "Sunday Chronicle".
                  From 1 March 1966 onward the collection consists of the "Sunday Chronicle" only.
                  Microfilm.
                  ShelfmarkM.C.544.
                  Look up History of British Guiana Teachers' Association 1884 - 1944 by George Bunyan
                  Cataloguing level Minimal record

                  Author - corporate British Guiana Teachers Association (GUIANA, British)

                  Title History of the British Guiana Teachers Association,
                  1884-1944.

                  Publisher/year [Georgetown, 1946?].

                  Physical descr. pp.223.

                  Added name BUNYAN, George Henry Augustine.

                  Control number 004123101

                  Control number 004347298
                  No Previous Record   No Next Record
                  System number  000903041
                  Author - personal  LinkDELPH, Charles Noel, and ROTH (Vincent)
                  Title  LinkWho is who in British Guiana. Fourth edition. 1945-48.
                  Publisher/year  Linkpp. 844. Daily Chronicle: Georgetown, 1948.
                  Physical descr.  8�.
                  Added name  LinkROTH, Vincent.
                  holdings (1)  All items
                  Holdings (BL)  10604.ppp.4. Request

                  Those of us in the USA - try (firstsearch) OCLC / worldcat and or unionlist at any university library or ask your librarian to assist you....

                  I hope that shines a light upon your thoughts ...and answers more than a few questions....

                  <budmartuk@y...> wrote:
> [...]

                  > country?
                  > > I have heard that it is almost impossible to do research outside
                  > of
                  > > Guyana - is that true?
                  > >
                  > > The families I am researching are:  De Ryck, Busey (orignally
                  > planter
                  > > in Berbice), Brumell, and Cushman (or Cashman).  I am unsure of
                  > the
                  > > last surname because it is parents names handwritten on death
                  > > certificate and is difficult to read.
                  > >
                  > > What can we as members of this group, do to help get a society
                  > going?
                  > >
                  > > Sharon
                  > >

                  > > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

                  > >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                  > Service.
                  > >

                  > > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

                  > > Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

                  Service.

                  Message 8 of 29 , May 4, 2005
                    Hello Sancho

                    Thanks for the link.

                    I will look into this as it will be a very useful tool.

[...]

                    From 1 March 1966 onward the collection consists of the "Sunday Chronicle" only.

                    <budmartuk@y...> wrote:
> [...]

                    > country?
                    > > I have heard that it is almost impossible to do research outside
                    > of
                    > > Guyana - is that true?
                    > >
                    > > The families I am researching are:  De Ryck, Busey (orignally
                    > planter
                    > > in Berbice), Brumell, and Cushman (or Cashman).  I am unsure of
                    > the
                    > > last surname because it is parents names handwritten on death
                    > > certificate and is difficult to read.
                    > >
                    > > What can we as members of this group, do to help get a society
                    > going?
                    > >
                    > > Sharon
                    > >

                    > > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

                    > >    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                    > Service.
                    > >

                    > > Visit Budmart.co.uk for all your Collecting needs !

                    > > Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

                    Service.