Re: [guyanese_genealogy] Tracing Alan Marks

  • M'lilwana Osanku
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2007
      Please use the information found at the web site - www.rootsweb.com/~nyggbs/index.htm.
      Please consult those resources - including the who is who in British Guiana .
      It is quite possible you will locate sources pointing you to  relatives of Marks clans of Guyana ... thank you very much

      Guyana's 1905 Rebellion - Nigel Westmaas

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
    • alan.bollers@us.army.mil
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2007
        Some of you on this forum may have been educated by Winnie Wishart Hunter. Her father was a well known Guyanese physician; Dr Wishart delivered my father in 1910 and was the family doctor. His daughter Winnie ran a school, St Margaret's, I think. I learned to read literally at her feet along with classmates novelist Sharon Wesmass, journalist John Mair, and politician Gail Texeria. She had retired to Antigua and in her declining years, to Jamaica to live with her son Bobby Hunter.