New video posted at Youtube : Coolies - How Britain re-invented Slavery

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2007
      Hello Everyone

      My Computer is still out of action but i am waiting for a new Hard drive to come anytime in the next few days so will soon be back online.

      I have managed to save most of my files and whilst doing so came across this video i done about 2 Months ago but hadn't yet posted to Youtube.

      I have just uploaded it so please have a look at :

      It tells the interesting story of how Indian Emigration to British Guiana and the Caribbean started and what conditions were like for those who came.

      I should be back in action some time next week so expect a few more videos next Month.

      Happy watching !

      (One of the Moderators)

      Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
    • Neville Quelch

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2007
          Hello Neville

          My Computer is still broken and i am using the unreliable local Library service which seems to crash everytime i want to use it ! LOL

          I bought a new Hard Drive but it was the wrong one so will be getting a replacement hopefully next week and the re-installation discs from Dell should also be arriving then so hopefully, fingers crossed i will be back in business next week or by the week after.

          I am getting a bit fed up trapsing over to the Library in the pouring rain only to find the computers down or going down soon after booking one so i can't wait to get my own machine working again !

          There were no Installation discs with it when i purchased it which i thought odd and it took 2 hours wrangling on the phone with a dreaded Bill coming before Dell would send me them when i think they should have been there in the first place when i bought the machine from them.

          The Hard Drive is definately affected and is hard to work with as it crashes every few minutes and needs replacing so everything will be newly installed.

          I saved all my Files except for most of my videos which i will have to re-download as i have ran out of storage space and cannot burn any discs on my machine at the moment.

          I have Virus checked most of them and they all seem Virus free so hopefully there won't be any problems when i put everything back together again.

          I plan to put together a few more Genealogical videos when i am up and running again but it may not be for a few Months as i have fell behind with E-Mails and have a backlog to go through and a number of searches to do plus other bits and pieces which will keep me busy for a while.

          When i finally catch up i will continue work on my Databases and see about making some of them available on CD as well as on my Website but that is in the future.

          I know what you mean about the repair shop, Dell offered to collect my machine and to fix it and return it to me with new parts for only GBP 250/US$500 or a new Hard Drive for GBP 95/US$190, a real bargain ! LOL

          I can replace the Hard Drive myself for about GBP 30/US$60 so it is best to look at the possiblity of doing it oneself before contacting the repair shop !

          I hope your machine works fine now, i am getting a Hard Drive with a 5 year Warranty so hopefully i won't have any problems or not for a while.

          I have missed what has been discussed here for a while so hope to catch up with the messages soon.