Re: [guyanese_genealogy] Bedford Wesleyan church Georgetown

  • roger moore
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
      Dear Ayana,
      Jon is absolutely right!
      Roger

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Jon - Budmart.co.uk <budmartuk@...>
      To: guyanese_genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, April 1, 2007 2:55:48 AM
      Subject: Re: [guyanese_genealogy] Bedford Wesleyan church Georgetown

      Hello Ayana

      There was a Bedford Wesleyan Church and a School in Georgetown.

      I think it may now be called the Bedford Methodist Church which is at 50 Camp Street in South Cummingsburg.

      Chances are it is the same Church.

      ayanafirstborn <ayanafirstborn@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      I recently acquired a copy of my grandparents marriage certificate. They
      were married in 1917 at Bedford Wesleyan Church in Georgetown.I am not
      aware of any church with this name in Georgetown over the last fifty
      years.Does anyone have any information about this church,it's location
      or present name.

      Need Mail bonding?

      Need Mail bonding?
    • Mlilwana Osanku
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2007
        This is principally a repost. I posted this bit concerning
        publications on the subject of Wesleyan Churches in Guiana.
        I believe these publications are available in research centers in the
        United Kingdom – perhaps, Manchester University.

        It is very likely the 1929 Chronicle newspapers have articles on
        Bedford Wesleyan Church.

        Are you aware of the publications mentioned below?
        If so? Where are they housed?

        Bedford Wesleyan Church , Georgetown . Bedford Wesleyan Church ,
        Camp Street , Georgetown , British Guiana . Diamond Jubilee Souvenir
        1869-1929. Georgetown , British Guiana , Printed at the "Daily
        Chronicle" Office, 1929.

        Methodist Church in British Guiana . A Souvenir Brochure of
        Kingston's Methodism 1831-1961 [ Guyana ?], (Guiana Times Printers),
        [ca.1961].

        --- In guyanese_genealogy@yahoogroups.com, roger moore <roger42m@...>