805Re: [guyanese_genealogy] Demerara citizen 1884

    Aug 4, 2006
      Hello Joanne

      It may be significant to someone from the Portuguese Community.

      They only form a small percentage of the population and many are related to each other so there may be a Ramos in the Families of some of our Members.

      In addition some people from the African or East Indian Communities also have Portuguese Ancestors.

      I take it that Senor Ramos was immigrating to the United States so his Name may appear in U.S. Immigration Records as well.

      Joanne Schmidt <jcsmitty1212@...> wrote:
      While researching my ancestor, I came across the following:

      F. Ramos Jr., 31, merchant, citizen of Demerara, was a passenger on the SS Barracouta from St. Christopher (St. Kitts) to New York on 6/25/1884.

      Hope this helps someone.

      Joanne S.