725Re: [guyanese_genealogy] Politics In Guyana & Trinidad-2006: Not relevant here on this forum!

    May 24, 2006
      Hello Rudy

      No problem, nothing to worry about, your Message was fine.

      Most likely your Indian Ancestors came from the United Provinces of Northern India which today is the Indian State of Uttar Pradesh or from the neighbouring State of Bihar.

      If you have any Madrasee roots then also from Southern India but there were no Indians brought from Sri Lanka.

      Your Chinese Ancestors would have came from the Chinese Province of Canton which today is known as Guangdong or possibly from Hong Kong.

      I don't think you might be related to Vijaya Ramdhan as Essequibo is a distance from WCB and most people of Indian origin still live in or near to the place where their Ancestors were Indentured.

      Ramdhan can be a common Name and is possibly the same as Ramdhin/Ramdin/Ramdeen or Ramadhin/Ramadin/Ramadeen and is of Uttar Pradesh/Bihar origin.

      Rudolph Jaeranny <jrjtechcorp@...> wrote:
      Hi All:

      First of all, please accept my apologies for breaking the rules. I love my people, this love is not based on colour or creed. When someone says Om Shanti, I feel this means pure love. This is how I greet Vijay Ramdhan (BK). She got my grandmother's last name. I asked her if we are related. She said she don't know. She hails from No 1 Canal,Essequibo. I am from Cotton Tree Village. West Coast Berbice. I don't know where my roots are. I  heard they say my great grandfather (mother side) is Matadin but went back. Maybe India or Sri Lanka. Fathers side , Great grandfather is Bedesee and great Grandmother Chinese descent. They lived in Edinburgh, Berbice.

      Again, please accept my apology.

      All in all I just don't know where I come from.

      regards

      rudy

      Sancho of Nabaclis <childrenofsancho@...> wrote:
      Hello Rudy,
      My thinking is I am sure most of us would prefer Derryck would consider the purpose of this forum and adhere to such. I am cognizant we are humans and understanding the role politics play in our livelihood is a human concern. However, this forum is neither for discussing matters of political concerns nor that of religious dogma. I can understand expressions of humanitarian events. I must state I would be delighted when Derryck understand that his behavior is irrelevant on this forum. Contributions of a genealogical and biographical nature would be most welcomed. For example the politics of Burnham is not relevant here. However, discussing his heritage is.
      Mr. Griffith ought to realize there are folks on this forum who don’t give a dam about politics in Guyana . They did not join this forum to receive such in their inbox. It has no place, no relevance to them. I wish Mr. Griffith would desist from such practices, immediately.
      I believe Mr. Griffith has much to offer. It is unfortunate that he continues to ignore our purpose here on this forum. I sent him invitations to join other forums where his opinions would be relevant and dissected by those who care to do so.
      I would love for him to enlighten me concerning the Griffith heritage, especially that of Miss Griffith the wife of Dr. Claude Denbow president of the British Guiana League of the Coloured People. I believe the wedding took place in St. Mark’s Anglican Church in Enmore. I will have to look it up. I am wondering where that Miss Griffith’s ancestry resided. I suspect one of those East Coast Villages, between Buxton and Belfield.
      Again I thank you for your comments. They were appreciated.

      Rudolph Jaeranny <jrjtechcorp@...> wrote:
      Can someone tell me who is this character Derryck. He seems to be very weird with a one track mind. He is playing God to judge people.

      rudy

      Neville Quelch <nunicorng@...> wrote:
      Hello Derryck:

      I believe that the site you need is: