551To hell with Burnham : Long live, the people and the state of Guyana

    Mar 1, 2006
      Neville
      Let get a few things straight;

      1.       Roger Moore is not my brother in stretch of imagination.  Roger Moore is not a Young, Younge, Not a Campbell and hell not there is not one drop of Bentick Sancho’s DNA in him.
      2.       Malcolm X is my brother.  He taught me if a person does not think as I do then that person is your enemy.
      3.       Marcus Garvey is my father. He taught me. To see your enemy and to know him is part of the complete education of man. Roger Moore is no brother of Sancho. He is an enemy. Look up my surname list you will find my brothers. There is no roger Moore their in.  I am tired of people telling who I am supposed to be. I am a Black man. I happened to be birthed in Berbice. I am two things man and Sancho. I stand for the human Rights of man. I do not defend murderers such as Burnham. That  duty Nigger refused to send helicopters to look for me when I lost in the Jungles of Guyana. I had to find my way back to paruni in the Pakarima Mountains.
      4.       Roger Moore disrespected Sancho. I read his take upon Andrew Lutchman’s articles.  I was sick to my stomach.  I knew, then, Roger is an enemy of mine.  You do not mess with a Sancho and expect me to be pleasant with you.
      5.       Sancho did not depend on Burnham for anything – Bentick, John and Tuckness Sancho – laid down the foundations for their descendants in Nabaclis and Golden Grove. All you have to do is look at the folks connected to the Sancho kinship.  None depended on PNC and Burnham
      6.       Again, I am not surprised you are incorrect.  Concerning Eric Williams, I told you I was very familiar with the Doctor’s lectures at the University Of Woodford Square – and his writing especially those concerning British Guiana.  ...Doctor is among my Favourite historians.  However, I am researching the social history of the kinship of Sancho, Campbell and Young, and their communities – and that would mean social history of rural communities of British Guiana, Barbados, Trinidad, and St. Vincent.  I expect it will include London, Columbia, and Grenada in the near future.
      7.       Well it is sad that you blame the Arab Oil Crisis for the fall of Guyana.
      8.       What is worst a man who stole is your hero.  Who are you people?  No morals.  Burnahm stole elections after elections – he is no different from Christopher Columbus just another pirate…a stoolie of the US and UK governments…
      9.       Caribbean greats of the twentieth century; Castro, Garvey, Marley, Rodney, Lloyd, Eddy Grant, Sobers, Sparrow, Williams, C. L. R. James, Kitchener, Roger B. Moore, Malcolm X, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Patrick Ewing, Tim Duncan, and Schomburg  all those people would triple the number of votes Burnham would muster.  Burnham never won a national election in Guyana.  Yet you clowns expect people to believe he supersedes great people of the Caribbean.  Burnham is not the man of the century in Guyana.  That honour would belong to one of these three; Jagan, Rodney and Kwayana.  Malcolm X, Schomburg, Imhotep, Maceo, and Garvey are perhaps the five greatest Blackmen of all times.
      10.   To hell with Burnham – it must be about the people and the state of Guyana.  Long live, the people of Guyana – they will embark upon the road to developed nation status despite the enemies including Burnham, PNC and the politicians and criminal who continue to wage warfare on the people of Guyana…Love live the shareholders – long live people’s power.
      11.    I asked you if you were the Grand wizard of the KKK, less than three weeks ago.  Prior to that, I wrote extensively on my views of politics in Guyana.  I believe an Indian nation in the Americas is the best solution to the African and Indian problem.  I said the problem begum in May 1838 – and was magnified during the second strike in 1847 when the Black labouring population was defeated in their attempts to earn better wages and conditions of labour.  They blamed the Indians and non-Guianese born blacks for this defeat.  They never accepted that the Europeans used the Indians against them.  This problem of labour – became a major political problem during the early 1950’s.  Why would you be ecstatic when a Negro is attempting to ridicule an entire kinship of people of African origins, who never bowed down to political ambitions of vicious people?  Were you overjoyed when Burnham assassinated Rodney?  You seem to delight in such inhumane activities…Who are you the reincarnation of Michael McTurk and John Gladstone all rolled into one being?
      12.   I am sick of people hating back people – Lord Where’s Colin Ferguson?  Michael X and those types to eradicate folks from the globe.  Moses where are you?  People are sinning against the creator and creation…

      Neville Quelch <nunicorng@...> wrote:
      Now we are really heating up without an end in sight.  Was Burnham as great as the Caribbean believed?  Is Sancho the racist Black history student right in disrespecting Burnham?  And where does one Anthony Persaud fit into this fight between two brothas?

      O Laud! Oh Laud!

      I saw "Feed House and Clothe Ourselves by 1976" in action when I spent 6 months in Guyana back in 1972..
        There were housing developments going up every where.  Food was being dumped in the Demerara River at the end of the day and the stores were filled with clothes.  1976 was approaching with the country having reached the goal with years to spare.  I don't believe that Sancho was born and haven't a clue of what such prosperity was.

      That was the year the Guyana hosted the Non-Aligned countries and Carifesta.  No shortages of Hotels or places to stay.  No shortages of food.  It was like being in a tropical paradise.

      Why Was I in Guyana in 1972?  I had gone back to work on the Electrification program that was to string a 67 KV Transmission Line from Canje in Berbice to Diamond, just south of Georgetown.  To convert all appliances to 60 Hz from the British system of 50 Hz.  At completion, the sugar plantations could sell excess power to the Electricity Corporationt and buy in times of need.  The power supply would come from the old Kingston Plant, 6 Diesel/generators in New Amsterdam and a station to be built at Diamond.  Enough power to encourage industry along the Transmission Line route which in turn would allow people to live and work in their communities.

      Georgetown would not be as congested as it presently is.  Young girls would not have to leave their communities for Georgetown where they would have to prostitute themselves in order to eat and/or find a place to live.

      Guyana would need to invite immigrants from West Indian countries as labour was needed to met the growing country.  The immigrants would have to come from the WI because the culture was similar and we could all live in harmony.

      I don't feel like continuing what might have been if the oil embargo of 1974 didn't come along.  But it is sufficient to say that the oil embargo did irreparable damage to Guyana.  I am not planning on writing a book on that or even an article.  Sancho is a Good researcher.  I leave it to him.

      I have one bit of advice for Sancho.  Do not study history without studying the economics of the country of the period you are studying.  Much of the history you write about is meaningless to me because it dos not convey any supporting evidence.  A typical example is the American fight for independence from England.  Why did they fight?  What caused it?

      You also gave Dr. Eric Williams a bit of a rough time without even reading his works.  I would suggest that you grow up before trying to express yourself to an experienced audience.

      Finally, anyone with such vision as LFSB would win "Man of the Century" every century.

      Sancho of Nabaclis <childrenofsancho@...> wrote:
      Even you will recognise and concede the Most Honourable Dr. Eric Williams was by far a better human being than your brother Forbes was.  The fat boy assassinated the brilliant and extraordinarily talented African teacher and philosopher, Dr, Walter Rodney.  Burnham did not stop there but threatened the welfare of Fred Wills.  I understand, among others, GDF soldiers; my brother’s life was in danger.

       Well let me enlighten you.  Sancho had stood by Forbes in the early going.  Bertrand Abrams, T. Anson Sancho, Uncle Oswald Sancho later U. Leebert Sancho - and his father Charlie Sancho in Bachelor's Adventure, were all Burnhamities.  Another Sancho, Emerson Samuel, painted his portrait.  Burnham was at varying times surrounded by my loved ones.  There may have been other Sanchos in Burnham’s corner, such as Harold Lutchman, and Joycellyne Loncke.  Research is continuing.

      I believe my parents were too, were Burnhamities.  They will not admit it.  By 1968, they distanced themselves from the PNC.  I often heard my father saying had he waited for Haynes and or Wills –instead of take a poor substitute, Burnham he would not have suffered defeat in the Courtroom.  Besides, he was fortunate to have Haynes and Wills to come to his rescue.  So do not think of selling me that Burnham was the greatest lawyer of the Caribbean.

      Burnham then showed Sancho his colours; Burnham them gave Sancho his but to kiss – when they refused they begun abandoning Guyana – for alien lands – some swearing never to return even to rest in peace with the ancestors.
      Personally, cancelling my mother's pension after a 45-year career as a primary Schoolteacher April 1928 - September 1972.
      Stealing the Shareholders's land at Golden Grove where he Burnham built a memorial to himself.
      My mother, her sister, and relatives lost their land in the Burnham madness.

      Castro gave his family’s land to the Cuban people – Burnham stole from the shareholders of Golden Grove and Nabaclis.

      There you have Burnham used then abused Sanchos.  However, it is the generations of Golden Grove and Nabaclis folks who lain down.  They simply refused to stand up with the female Sanchos.  The females were trying to prevent the peoples land including their own from being used for Burnham's whims.  I am most angry at the folks, who let Burnham do as he please in Golden Grove and Nabaclis. I am angry at those of my community who attacked Indians and their property. In fact, it is accurate to note that I still hate their actions - and or non movement as the case - such as the land grabbing scheme.

       Golden Grove and Nabaclis folks let Sancho down, again.  The only period they did not let Sancho down was between 1848 and 1884.  Those old timers stood with Bentick Sancho.  That is the Golden Grove I am most proud thereof.  I pray that stout leaders will again rise out of that chaos my beloved adopted ancestral home now finds itself due chiefly to the fact they bowed down to Forbes.  They turned their back on the dreams of the forty-eight shareholders.
      When I left the East Coast, it was in a horrible state.  There were daily dosages of power and water shortages – to go with fuel and food shortages.  You would have money and nothing to buy.  I had to tilt the soil to ensure a ready supply of green leafy vegetables were readily available for home consumption.  Now it is worst.  Then police Sharma and his crew were killing people.  Now the petty criminals have armed themselves the cowardly forces are scaring the nation with their gun and ammunition.  It is death and destruction everywhere.  Retards crying for and defending their Burnham.  Had someone belled that fat cat before January 1977?  I would still be at in the tropics.

      roger moore <roger42m@...> wrote:
      Thank God where would he find time to write when he had a country to run?
      Roger

      Sancho of Nabaclis <childrenofsancho@...> wrote:
      A number of his speeches was printed and titled a Destiny to Mould. However, the Schomburg Center for Black Studies have in it collection a number of his utterances. It is not accepted that Forbes wrote anything at all. again What is known to be preserved, are speeches.
      The Schomburg center offers a wide collection of material written  on Guyana by both Guyanese and foreigners.
      Recently, it was my greatest pleasure to read Leo's Poetry in the center...Leo Martin was the foremost poet in the history of Guyana, if not the Americas. I sent an email to Mr. Howard Dodson recommending that the Schomburg Center acquire guyanese biographical books - primarily who is who in British Guiana the first three editions and the history of British Guiana Teachers' Association..

      roger moore <roger42m@...> wrote:
      Its not about what books he wrote, though one that comes to mind is a 'Destiny to Mould', but the impact that he made on the Caribbean and Guyana. It is obvious that the voters thought so

      Roger

      Carol Williams <cviva2001@...> wrote:
      Can you inform on the literature on Burnham? Did he write any books, are his speeches available?

      roger moore <roger42m@...> wrote:
      No matter how you twist and turn Sancho Burnham was the best person that ever happened for Guyana and the Caribbean. Not only did Guyanese voted for Burnham as Caribbean man of the Century but the majority of the Caribbean did as well. Don't let your hatred for the the man, for no apparent reason might I add, cloud your man. He was great for the Caribbean and Guyana.
      Roger Moore

      Sancho of Nabaclis <childrenofsancho@...> wrote:
      I made an effort to be objective and open minded in the effort to read Halim Majeed’s literature, “Forbes Burnham: National Reconciliation And National Unity, 1984-1985”,
      I found it a most difficult exercise.  I simply could not get by the seventhteenth page.  My tolerance was simply; exhausted.  Although I love reading his articles, I did not read the five-page forward written by Dr. Aubrey Bonnett.  I attempted to test my ability to assess repressive forces that I personally suffered, as explained by their advisor.  However, I fond it a rather overwhelming task – like attempting to fetch water in a basket.  I prefer reading John Gladstone after all that oppressor is European and clearly defined enemy of the people.  I must say Sam Sharp, and Paul Bogle – adopted the right attitudes when dealing with folks such as Burnham.  Just look at the Africans in Jamaica and their attempts at self-emancipation.
      I do not know what is truthful and what is not honest in the book.  I would careless.  I noted one paragraph mentioning my hero, Dr. Walter Rodney that did for me.  Is Eusi Kwayana mentioned in the book?  Can you share with me?
      Any enlightening take you may have accessed
      What are your opinions of this exposure of the shenanigans of Burnham and Jagan and their platforms PNC and PPP, after the assassination of Walter Rodney?
      An online poll conducted a few years ago in the region he was declared “Caribbean Man of the Century.”

      I managed to read the following;

      I understood at some point between 1942 and 1945, Burnham, taught T. Anson Sancho at Queen’s College.  Thus,  the only note I appreciated is that Burnham taught Fred Wills (one of my heroes)Shridath Ramphal, Rashleigh Jackson, Bryn Pollard and Keith Massiah.(Majeed : 2)

      President Burnham’s achievements will certainly withstand the test of any scrutiny.  They are secured in the midst of external aggression and destabilization, and internal turmoil.  Territorial threats came from the eastern and western fronts; the purveyors of the old order campaigned strenuously to halt the march of national development, and the political opposition at home played havoc with the foundations of the national economy.  It is little wonder, therefore, that in an online poll conducted a few years ago in the region he was declared “Caribbean Man of the Century.”
      New historians and historiographers, as separate from mythmakers, poison-pen scribblers and charlatans, will one day objectively examine his contributions to national, regional, and international developments and record his successes – and his shortcomings.  For, after all, he was human.  But his place in history is Secure and future generations of Guyanese will one day study him from a qualitatively different standpoint - as the formidable intellectual, resolute leader, and shrewd statesman that he was.  (Majeed: 16 & 17)

      In 1979, the outstanding Guyanese historian, intellectual and political co-leader of the Working People’s Alliance , Dr. Walter Rodney, articulated the concept of a Government of National Unity and Reconstruction, with the exclusion of the People’s National Congress.  This scenario too did not come to actualization.  (Majeed: 31 & 32)

      Eternal Blessings, Love, Peace, Power & Unity
      M'lilwana Osanku - Sancho of Nabaclis.
      Researching - Sancho, Campbell, Young (Younge), Solomon, Ross & Martin - Families of Guyana.
      History of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District, East Sea Coast Demerara, Guyana.
      "A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots." The Most Honourable Marcus Garvey (1887-1940) People's Power Forever Vote AFC Tme for Change - down with ethnic politics -

      Yahoo! Mail

      Yahoo! Mail

      Yahoo! Mail