265RE: [guyanese_genealogy] Neville

  • Neville Quelch
    Jun 17, 2005
      Hi Jen:

      Sorry.

      I left during the colonial rule in 1963.  You are better informed.

      Neville

      Jenn <jmss114@...> wrote:
      Neville, Jon,

      Was not trying to make it an issue ... just adding my two cents to the conversation.  However, although the racial problems are currently more evident in Guyana, I found that the terms mulatto and dougla were used more during the colonial era and prior to me leaving Guyana in 1977 than they are now.  Now everyone is either black, Indian, or red.

      Jenn
      Subject: RE: [guyanese_genealogy] Neville

      Hi Jenn:

      I did not mean for this to get out of hand.  I was just pointing out that "Mulatto" is not a race.  They don't have a history and were never a people.