195Re: [guyanese_genealogy] Neville

  • alison roberts
    Jun 2, 2005
      Dear Kizzyann,

      Your family may have been named Kadir and there are some of those listed in the Guyana Telephone Directory.

      Also, an amazing thing happenned in the post independence period, a number of people started chnging their names back so you may find some with the name you seek. Good luck.

      To enter this conversation I am Beatrice Alison Roberts, married Austin. I am seeking information on my mother and father's genealogy.

      My father's mother was from St. Lucia, her family are the Cenacs, Gustav, Nicholas, Xavier and Alexander. On his father's side, was Sue-a-Ling or Sue Ling and they lived in Linden.

      My mother was Agatha Enid Quelch and my father Milton Roberts

      I am also trying to complete my family tree.

      kizzyann sam <kaas79@...> wrote:
      I'm sorry Neville i should not have placed the word race at the end of
      Mulatto, but the word Mulatto sometimes completely describes what a person
      would look like. My great grandfather as i was told had very pale complexion
      and it was difficult for anyone to know he had a drop of black blood in him
      unless that information was given to them . So by me saying Mulatto, members
      of the group i hope have a better understanding of the person i am looking
      for, if they were asking another individual instead of a paper trail.

      Beatrice Alison Roberts love always