1894Downers in British Guiana

  • dingdowner
    Mar 27, 2014
      Have been trying to find any information regarding any Downers living in Br. Guiana, preferably around the period 1870 onwards. My Great Grandfather was Samuel Herbert Downer, married to Martha Selina Rampaul at St. Swithins Church in Pouderoyen, WBD 1876. I am also interested in a William Downer around the same time. Samuel had as far as I can tell, 7 children, starting with John Herbert Downer, Archibald, William, Louis Alexander, Edward Laughton, Margaret Amelia, and Mary Baletia, who married Wm. Adolphus Cameron, a prominent business man of the early 1900's.Any details, however small would be very much appreciated.

      Eric Downer