1847Re: [guyanese_genealogy] da Silva, Delma - immigrated from Guyana to Canada

  • Ann Parisien
    Oct 16, 2011
      Hi Bernard, I wish I had more information on Delma. I was not aware she had a sibling. Unfortunately the only information I have is very little. I am Delma's birth daughter and was given up for adoption. I am looking for more information on my cultural backgrounds, also how my birth mother came to Canada. Could you tell me more on why so many decided to leave Guyana? Also, is Delma daSilva a fairly common name? Her middle name is Mary. Thanks so much for any information you can give.
      Ann

      On Sun Oct 16th, 2011 5:02 AM PDT Bernard Abraham wrote:

      >Hi Ann,

      >Did Delma have an older brother Terence? I had a friend Terence DaSilva; we both left Guyana in 1962 for the UK. Terence left the UK for Toronto in 1965/6 to join the rest of his family (including sister Delma) who had immigrated from Guyana. As far as I know they have been living there ever since.
      >If this sounds like the same person I might be able to put you in touch with them.

      >Bernard

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic