1625Enquiry of the Clarke's Family from Guyana

  • lclarke@worldbank.org
    Jul 17, 2008
      PERSONAL

      Hello there-we are trying to organize our first family reunion in Georgia next
      month and am trying to put together the family history and tree of the Clarke's
      from Guyana (Plaisance, Buxton) and so on.

      Could you please let me know whatever you have on the Clarke's; our longest
      living senior most member among whom was John Theophilus (JT)Clarke, JT was a
      Sniper Counsel in Guyana in the 1960s and later a Judge ,and his son Maurice
      Eric Clarke was a Solicitor and Principal Partner in Clarke and Martin's Law
      Firm. Brickdam, Georgetown.We know that JT had a number of brothers at least 5
      , and ones sister, and that the family may have started from 2 Clarke brothers
      coming from Barbados.It is about these two brothers that we believe started that
      clan, our immediate ones, and other Clarkes now in Guyana, about whom we seek
      further information in particular.

      Could you share anything you may have? Many thanks.

      Laurence Clarke
      World Bank,
      Juba , SOUTHERN SUDAN
      Sudan Mobile:256-477112572; 249-126432998

      "...Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached
      in life ....(but) by the obstacles that he has overcome while trying to
      succeed"- Booker T Washington
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic