Michael Tarif & Evelyn Warren's Court Date

  • Sancho Campbell Friday Young
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2007
      ------------------------------

      Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:10:23 -0500
      Subject: 12/17: Michael Tarif & Evelyn Warren's court date
      From: nbediako@bnbcpa. com
      To: nbediako@bnbcpa. com

      PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD !!!

      It's really important for folks to come out and show support for these two
      fighters!

      Next court date for the Warrens is:

      Monday, December 17, 9:00 a.m.
      Criminal Court, AP2, 6th Floor
      120 Schermerhorn Street (corner of Smith St.), Brooklyn
      Take the 2, 3, 4 or 5 to Borough Hall, or A or F to Jay St./Borough Hall.

      ************ ********* ********* ********* *******
      From http://www.justicef orwarrens. org/ <http://www.justiceforwarrens.org/>
      *
      *We are two attorneys, who practice law in New York City. As attorneys, we
      have a general practice, but Tarif is known for handling high profile
      criminal cases, and cases of police brutality, including those of Michael
      Stewart, Yvonne Smallwood, and the five Black teenagers falsely convicted of
      raping the white bank executive "the Central Park Jogger." On Thursday, June
      21, 2007 we became victims of police abuse in Brooklyn.
      What Happened?

      We were stopped at a traffic light in rush hour traffic, on our way to a
      legal meeting, when we saw members of the New York City Police Department
      apprehend, handcuff, and kick and stomp a young Black man. We asked the
      officers why they were doing this and ended up beaten and arrested,
      ourselves. Learn more.

      What You Can Do

      (1) GET EVERYONE to come out for the upcoming court dates
      (2) SIGN UP for regular emails about updates, court dates and community
      support events (top of page). Sign up all your friends.
      (3) WRITE the Mayor and Police Commissioner

      Come back to this website and stay informed. Thank you.

      (Also on the site you can subscribe to low volume email list.)

      ------ End of Forwarded Message

      --
      http://descendantsofsancho.hi5.com
      http://descendantsofsancho.blogspot.com

      Golden Grove - This village in which I reside was perfectly quiet. The
      Portuguese shop was untouched and kept open during the whole excitement; and
      have great pleasure in reporting that the 100 members we have here were all
      prepared and ready under the leader Mr. Bentick Sancho, well known to the
      honourable Mr. Porter, to turn out, not to destroy, but to protect the
      Portuguese shop had the rioters from the other villages attempted to come
      here on Monday night. The village was so quiet on Tuesday night that Mr.
      Bentick Sancho who has considerable influence with the people of Victoria
      went with his minister to that village to aid him in allaying the
      excitement.