Oxford hindu centre recognised

  • Ajay Kanani
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2007
      Jay Swaminarayan,

      This is great news that the Oxford Centre for Hind Studies has achieved the status of "Recognised Independent Centre of Oxford Universit". Having a presence in the Oxford University in itself is a great news. I would also like to remind everyone that this is the institution which was responsible for the 'digital shikshapatri project'.

      you can get more info at http://ochs.org.uk/news/23062006.html

      The institution has also started local courses in Harrow, Ilford, Birmingham, Leicter etc.

      The more info can be obtained from its website as above.

      Along with the good news there is one bad news as well. The institution has no funds as such now. And if it doesn't raise any funds it might have to close the centre after 2008. The muslim centre which is yet to receive the status the OCHS has received has already got more than £ 50 million pounds in funds. This is really shame for the entire hindu community.
      We need to raise enough money for the centre so as the centre can continue and develop. The OCHS needs to be widely publicised for more students intake and more funds in terms of donations.

      Cheers

      Ajay!!!

      always stay connected to friends.