SIKH SANGAT, WE NEED YOUR SEWA. WORLD KEERTAN PROJECT.

  • sahib singh
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2006
      WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

      We  have a mission to preserve as much Keertan (Sikh Religious Hyms) that we possibly can by first collecting it, making it into a digital format (.mp3), and then distributing it on this website.  We started this movement over a year ago when we started the Rare Live Recordings section, which has rare live recordings performed by late Raagis (musicians that sing the writings of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib in the traditional format of Raags) of the past century.  This collection of rare treasures has grown substantially in 2006 as we have found many new keertan donors who also want to share their collections with the world to help benefit the international Sikh community.
      Puraatan (old) style keertan, also referred to as Gurmat Sangeet, is also rapidly disappearing in the world. Such recordings of Gurmat Sangeet are so rare, that they are a living form of history, and must be collected and preserved as soon as possible.  This audio history of keertan is not only a valuable tool for us, but also for those future listeners, Raagi’s, and Keertanee’s (Keertan performers).  If anyone reading this has any old kirtan ragi cassettes, videos, pictures, history, anything please contact us at sahibsingh100@... As these tapes age, they also begin to get destroyed, which affects the sound of the recording forever. Assuming, that the old cassette you have is the only one in the world, special care needs to be taken of it so it can be transferred to digital MP3 shortly.  It is essential that old recordings, like every single one that is in the Rare Live Recordings section, be converted to MP3 and shared with the WORLD OF SIKH COMMUNITY.

      HERE IS A LIST OF OLD RAGIS I HEARD OF. IF I AM MISSING ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME AND I WILL ADD HIM. PLEASE TELL ME SOME OLD KATHA VACHIKS.
      Bhai Pirthipal Singh Bhai Mohanpal Singh
      Bhai Sudh Singh Pardhan Singh Ji
      Bhai Angad Singh Jee
      Bhai Bakhshish Singh Jee (Hazoori Raagi Siri Darbar Sahib)
      Bhai Chattar Singh Jee
      Bhai Dharam Singh Jee Zakhmi
      Bhai Gopal Singh Jee
      Bhai Kartar Singh Jee Parwana