Just Visited Gurudwara in Pakistan

  • Amrit Pal Singh
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6 7:20 PM
      From: "kanwardeepsingh_2000" <kanwardeepsingh_2000@...>

      Wahe Guru Ji ka Khalsa Whae Guru Ji Ki Fateh.

      I just had Privilidge of visiting the following gurudwaras in
      Pakistan
      on the eve of the Maharaja Ranjit Singh's Death anniversary on the
      29th June at Gurudwara Dera Sahib Lahore.

      During my 5 days stay in Pakistan i visited the following Gurudwaras.

      1. Gurudwara Dera Sahib - Lahore ( Shaheedi asthan of Guru Arjun Dev
      Ji an also Maharaja Ranjit Singhs Smadhi is located in the same
      courtyard. Lahore Da Quila shares its boundry with the Gurudwara
      Boundry.

      2. Gurudwara Nankana Sahib: Janam asthan of Guru Nanak Devji.

      3. Gurudwara Patti Sahib: Guru Nanak Devji's School.

      4. Gurudwara Bal Ki Leela: Place where Guru Nanak Ji used to Play.

      5. Gurudwara Tamboo Sahib : where Guru Nanak Ji hide himself fearing
      his fathers anger after performing Sucha Sauda from Rs. 20 given by
      his father.

      6. Gurudwara Mall Ji Sahib : Place where the Nag devta (Snake)
      provided shadow to Guru Nanak Dev Ji when he was sleeping.

      7. Gurudwara Kiara Sahib: While resting underneath a shady tree, Guru
      was immersed in thoughts and the cattle went astray in the feilds of
      farmer. On having seen this, the peasant got red with rage. The
      clamouring made by the peasent disturbed the Guru from his trnace. On
      beholding the Guru, he got embarrassed and made a complaint to Rai
      Bular. The Guru drove the cattle towards his house. On his return,
      the
      Guru just had a kind look at the fields which turned green. By
      watching this miracle, the Hindus and the Muslims revered the Guru.

      8. Gurudwara Sucha Sauda: Where Guruji carried out Sucha Sauda.

      9. Gurudwara Rodi Sahib:

      10 Gurudwara Bhai Lalu ki Khui.

      11. Gurudwara Panjmi and Cheevi Patsahai:

      12. Gurudwara Chakki Sahib.

      13. Gurudwara Panja Sahib.

      It was an experience of a life time.

      Any one who needs any information on these Gurudwaras, how to visit
      whom to contact please feel free to contact me. I also have the
      latest
      Pictures of the Gurudwaras with me. Anyone requires these i will be
      more that happy to share them.

      Sat Sri akal

      Kanwardeep Singh
    • Amrit Pal Singh
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8 9:38 AM
        Kanwardeep Singh ji , we are now nearing 1000 sikhs in over 20
        countries in this group and it would be great if everyday you can
        share the first hand account of gurdwaras in pakistan , its current
        situation, photographs ,historical background and any pakistani
        sikhs you met there .We look forward to learning a lot from you .

        Regards
        Amrit Pal Singh

        --- In gurdwaras@yahoogroups.com, "Amrit Pal Singh"