Re: [gurudwaras] In Rajasthan

  • Mandeep Singh Bajwa
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2004
      Yes, Mr Malhotra, Dr Manohar Singh was our doctor, and a popular personality.Mr GS Bajwa was our PT Instructor. The girls were his.The period pertains to 1970-75 when I was there.Lovely days ! And I certainly picked up a lot of Gurbani.

      Gur Fateh

      Mandeep
          From: "bhupender singh"
          Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:03:48 +0000
          Subject: RE: [gurudwaras] www.sgsss.org/

          Waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh

          Thanks a lot Ravinder kaur bhanjee.

          Dhan Guru Dhan guru pyarey like u bhanjee. I am short of words to describe
          my feelings.

          I would surely share the experience after my visit to Udaipur and other
          parts of Rajasthan.

          thanks n regards

          guru sahib kirpa karan jee

          From: Ravinder <rumpy59@...>
          To: gurudwaras@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:31:47 -0700 (PDT)

          Dear Bhupinder  Singh Ji

          i HAVE IN FRONT OF ME A BOOK ON FAMOUS HISTORICL GURDUWARAS IN INDIA AND
          THROUGHOUT THE WORLD

          Well under Rajastan  there are six historical gurduwara's
          I hope to inspire you to visit all

          1) Bhadrs -in Ganganagar
          There is no gurduwara there but according to some chronicles it was said the
          guruji made camp here after Nohar.Guruji went through this area from Nohar
          to Sahwa through the Surpur village

          2)Sahwa lies midway along the Badra-Taranagar  road.Guruji stayed here for
          several days near a deep pond to the north of the village and celebrated
          Guru Nanak Dev ji's birthday otherwise a sGurpurab for us.
          The gurduwara is named Suhava Sahib. Do pay a visit a give us feedback and
          share what you felt after doing darshan

          3)Kolayat has a gurduwau.
          It's importance is that both Bhai Daya Singh and Bhai Dharam Singh rejoines
          Guru Gobind Singh JI AFTER DELIVERING THE ZAFARNAMA TO AURANZEB

          4)Narayana
          A memorial of Guruji's visit to Dado Dwara; a platform around a group of
          three banyan trees.
          It is said that guruji tested his sikhs. He went to the samadhi of Dadu and
          raised his arrow to it ;his sikhs objected.Guruji was pleased with his sikhs

          Pushkar
          A temple town around a natural lake 13 km of Ajmer,Here both Guru Nanak Dev
          JI  and Guru Gobind SINGH JI  visited. Here is a gurduwara known as Gurduwar
          Guru Singh Sabha.

          I do hope that this information will be useful during ur stay in Rajastan,I
          t is a summarised version of what is actually written

          I do you share with this group ur experiences so as to make it alive for us
          all

          My love for my guru is always true

          I end this with best wishes for ur trip

          Ravinder

          ndeep INBO <pawandeep.singh@...> wrote:
          Bhai Bhupender Singh Ji

          I have tried with one of my contacts in Rajsthan to know the Gurudwara
          Sahibs in Udaipur.Although he could not give me the names but the locations
          are as under;

          1) Sikh Colony
               MB Road (Maharaja Bhopal Road)
               Udaipur - 313001.

          2) Guru Gobind Singh Public School Complex
               Near Shastri Circle,
               Udaipur - 313001.

          Hope it will be useful.

          Regards,

          Pawandeep Singh.
          From: Pritam Rangar <pritamrangar2002@...>
          To: gurudwaras@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [gurudwaras] www.sgsss.org/
          Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:11:50 +0100 (BST)

          Dear AP Singh ji,

          Following is the link to the largest Gurdwara outside India. I hope
          Sangar will enjoy the visit to this site.
          Pritam Singh
          ++++++++++++++++++++

          Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Southall, Middlesex, England.
          The Official Web site for Sri Guru Singh Sabha, Southall (Park Avenue
          and Havelock Road - Largest Gurdwara outside India). This site provides
          live kirtan, up to date programmes as well as pictures from events held
          at the Gurdwara. This site ...
          www.sgsss.org/  - 24k  - Cached

          Messenger - all new features - even more fun!  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

          The new MSN toolbar! Your shortcut to the internet!
          http://toolbar.msn.co.in/ Access a world of convenience!

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Win a trip to Singapore! http://eu.xmts.net/80450 Experience the magic!

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      SikhNet - http://www.SikhNet.com
      Get news on Sikhism and the Sikhnet web site
      Sign up at http://www.SikhNet.com/subscribe

    • Kulbir Singh Malhotra

        To: gurudwaras@yahoogroups.com

        From: Ravinder <rumpy59@...>