Gurudwara Sahib in Mussoorie

  • bhupender singh
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2006
      Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

      I am visiting Mussoorie Next week along with family.

      Can sangat guide me any Gurdwara Sahib near the picture place side of
      Mussoorie. Any Member / Gursikh living their ??

      waiting for early reply

      Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

      From: gurdwaras@yahoogroups.com
      To: gurdwaras@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [gurdwaras] Digest Number 439
      Date: 1 Jun 2006 06:06:24 -0000

      There are 3 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. PSGPC allows 5,000 Sikh pilgrims for Arjan Dev ji martyrdom
      From: "Amrit Pal Singh" ap_entrepreneur@...
      2. Nanded poised for Sikh religious event
      From: "Amrit Pal Singh" ap_entrepreneur@...
      3. Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji
      From: "Amrit Pal Singh" ap_entrepreneur@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Tue May 30, 2006 6:38 pm (PDT)
      From: "Amrit Pal Singh" ap_entrepreneur@...
      Subject: PSGPC allows 5,000 Sikh pilgrims for Arjan Dev ji martyrdom

      Pakistan Sikh Gurudwara Parbhandak Committee and Pakistan Waqf Board
      have decided to allow 5,000 pilgrims from India to participate in the
      400th martyrdom year of fifth Sikh Guru Arjan Dev ji at Lahore.

      "Nagar Kirtan" processions of Shiromani Gurudwara Parbhandak Committee
      and Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Prabhandak Committee would however not be
      allowed to enter Pakistan to take part in the event at Gurudwara Dehra
      Sahib.

      Sikh pilgrims would be going to Lahore by four special trains on June
      13 and return on June 21 after a week's stay in Pakistan.

      'Akhand path' would start at Gurudwara Dehra Sahib on June 14 and on
      June 16 the pilgrims would visit Nankana Sahib, the birthplace of
      founder of Sikhism Nanak Dev.

      On June 18, the pilgrims would leave for Gurudwara Panja Sahib and
      return to India on June 21.

      Message: 2
      Date: Tue May 30, 2006 6:43 pm (PDT)
      From: "Amrit Pal Singh" ap_entrepreneur@...
      Subject: Nanded poised for Sikh religious event

      Nanded in Maharashtra is set to celebrate the 300th year of the
      consecration of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as the last guru of the
      Sikhs. The 10th Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh ji , died in Nanded
      three centuries ago and he declared that after him there would be no
      other gurus and the Sikh holy book, the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji
      would lead followers.

      Preparations are on to welcome over 30 lakh Sikhs from across the
      world at Nanded Gurudwara.

      The 300th anniversary of what's called the Gur ta gaddi will be held
      over a 12-day period during the Diwali of 2008.
      It's not just the gurudwara but major infrastructure work has
      started across the city to ensure accommodation for lakhs of
      devotees and tourists.

      More than Rs 1000 crore has been allocated for the task, out of
      which Rs 817 crore have been sanctioned by the central government to
      build among other things an airport and a railway station.

      "Its a big task but we have started the work on war footing because
      accommodating over 30 lakh devotees will take lot of efforts,"
      Radheshyam Mopalwar, District Collector, Nanded.

      Meanwhile, railway officials are ensuring to have special direct
      trains to the holy city for the convenience of devotees.

      Message: 3
      Date: Wed May 31, 2006 7:25 pm (PDT)
      From: "Amrit Pal Singh" ap_entrepreneur@...
      Subject: Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji

      Sat Sri Akal ji ,
      We are over 1000 sikhs in more than 20 countries in the above two groups.
      Can we have one learned sikh volunteer who can everyday explain a single
      page of SGGS daily , its meaning and depth for the benefit of sikhs
      worldwide.
      Anyone interested for this great work , pls email me your details .

      Regards
      Amrit Pal Singh

      ---------------------------------

      The World Cup Is Now On Your Favorite Front Page - check out
      www.yahoo.com.sg

    • upinder1955
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2006
        Gur Fateh Ji, I have been to Massoorie twice, There is a gurdwara on
        The Mall road.(near library),but I don't think there is a sarai
        there, Its a small gurdwara. There are two sikh public schools there,
        ( one is Guru Nanak fifth centenary public School) I don't remember
        the name of other school.I know someone who has a house there I'll
        ask him if he knows more.

        --- In gurdwaras@yahoogroups.com, "bhupender singh" <bsbk123@...>
        wrote:

        > Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh
        >
        > I am visiting Mussoorie Next week along with family.
        >
        > Can sangat guide me any Gurdwara Sahib near the picture place side
        of
        > Mussoorie. Any Member / Gursikh living their ??
        >
        > waiting for early reply
        >
        > Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh
        >
        > From: gurdwaras@yahoogroups.com
        > To: gurdwaras@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [gurdwaras] Digest Number 439
        > Date: 1 Jun 2006 06:06:24 -0000
        >

        > There are 3 messages in this issue.
        >
        > Topics in this digest:
        >
        > 1. PSGPC allows 5,000 Sikh pilgrims for Arjan Dev ji martyrdom
        > From: "Amrit Pal Singh" ap_entrepreneur@...
        > 2. Nanded poised for Sikh religious event
        > From: "Amrit Pal Singh" ap_entrepreneur@...
        > 3. Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji
        > From: "Amrit Pal Singh" ap_entrepreneur@...

        ___

        ___

        > Message: 1
        > Date: Tue May 30, 2006 6:38 pm (PDT)
        > From: "Amrit Pal Singh" ap_entrepreneur@...
        > Subject: PSGPC allows 5,000 Sikh pilgrims for Arjan Dev ji
        martyrdom

        > Pakistan Sikh Gurudwara Parbhandak Committee and Pakistan Waqf
        Board
        > have decided to allow 5,000 pilgrims from India to participate in
        the
        > 400th martyrdom year of fifth Sikh Guru Arjan Dev ji at Lahore.
        >
        > "Nagar Kirtan" processions of Shiromani Gurudwara Parbhandak
        Committee
        > and Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Prabhandak Committee would however not be
        > allowed to enter Pakistan to take part in the event at Gurudwara
        Dehra
        > Sahib.
        >
        > Sikh pilgrims would be going to Lahore by four special trains on
        June
        > 13 and return on June 21 after a week's stay in Pakistan.
        >
        > 'Akhand path' would start at Gurudwara Dehra Sahib on June 14 and
        on
        > June 16 the pilgrims would visit Nankana Sahib, the birthplace of
        > founder of Sikhism Nanak Dev.
        >
        > On June 18, the pilgrims would leave for Gurudwara Panja Sahib and
        > return to India on June 21.

        ___

        ___

        > Message: 2
        > Date: Tue May 30, 2006 6:43 pm (PDT)
        > From: "Amrit Pal Singh" ap_entrepreneur@...
        > Subject: Nanded poised for Sikh religious event
        >

        > Nanded in Maharashtra is set to celebrate the 300th year of the
        > consecration of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as the last guru of the
        > Sikhs. The 10th Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh ji , died in Nanded
        > three centuries ago and he declared that after him there would be
        no
        > other gurus and the Sikh holy book, the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji
        > would lead followers.
        >
        > Preparations are on to welcome over 30 lakh Sikhs from across the
        > world at Nanded Gurudwara.
        >
        > The 300th anniversary of what's called the Gur ta gaddi will be
        held
        > over a 12-day period during the Diwali of 2008.
        > It's not just the gurudwara but major infrastructure work has
        > started across the city to ensure accommodation for lakhs of
        > devotees and tourists.
        >
        > More than Rs 1000 crore has been allocated for the task, out of
        > which Rs 817 crore have been sanctioned by the central government
        > build among other things an airport and a railway station.
        >
        > "Its a big task but we have started the work on war footing because
        > accommodating over 30 lakh devotees will take lot of efforts,"
        > Radheshyam Mopalwar, District Collector, Nanded.
        >
        > Meanwhile, railway officials are ensuring to have special direct
        > trains to the holy city for the convenience of devotees.

        ___

        ___

        > Message: 3
        > Date: Wed May 31, 2006 7:25 pm (PDT)
        > From: "Amrit Pal Singh" ap_entrepreneur@...
        > Subject: Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji

        > Sat Sri Akal ji ,
        > We are over 1000 sikhs in more than 20 countries in the above
        two groups.
        > Can we have one learned sikh volunteer who can everyday explain
        a single
        > page of SGGS daily , its meaning and depth for the benefit of
        sikhs
        > worldwide.
        > Anyone interested for this great work , pls email me your
        details .

        > Regards
        > Amrit Pal Singh
        >

        > ---------------------------------
        >
        > The World Cup Is Now On Your Favorite Front Page - check out
        > www.yahoo.com.sg

        ___

        -----

      • Jagpal Singh
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2006
          Guru fateh Veerji

          Jee there are 2 gurudwaras in Massoorie. the one which I visited
          last year was right at the entrace of Mall Road. Its a small
          gurudwara with a sarai, there are few rooms for stay. I have
          attached 3 pictures which i taken last year.

          Hope this help

          Chardi Kala

          Jagpal Singh

          --- In gurdwaras@yahoogroups.com, "upinder1955" <upinder1955@...>