Re: glock trigger job

  • chemsoldier2001
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 24, 2005
      I have gotten a couple of trigger jobs done on my Glock 23. One is
      I had a Glock standard "competition trigger" put in that made its
      trigger pull the 3 pound pull that is typical of the Glock 34, 35.
      You can also get complete after market jobs for big bucks that
      lighten it up even more. Some almost completely do away with
      the "Glock Trigger" and feel like single action triggers.

      You can also get a pin installed that will not allow the trigger to
      travel forward further than the striker reset point. So its like
      you always have the slack taken out of the trigger, one crisp pull.

      In the end, I concluded that since I carry my Glock for self-defence
      as well as fun at the range I could not justify all the tinkering
      with the trigger. The trigger was just to light for my concious to
      allow, I am to afraid of a Negligent Discharge under stress. I now
      have a standard 5 pound trigger but the armorer I know has smoothed
      it out. It breaks a lot cleaner and crisper but it still is a
      typical Glock trigger. I highly recommend it.
    • Michael McGinnes
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2005
        Sorry, no personal experiance with third-party trigger jobs.
        Personally, I just polished the heck out of the stock parts, although
        I've had triggers from good to horrid on different glocks, even on the
        same model. Apparently this is caused by variation in the trigger
        parts. If your trigger is really bad, you may want to try just getting
        another set of stock parts, which should be pretty cheap.

        Have you looked at the Brian Enos forums? These two are right on topic:
        http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5351
        http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18299

        --Michael

        On Jan 24, 2005, at 5:59 PM, hawkeye_629 wrote:

        > Anyone on here ever have a trigger job done on a Glock? I see lots of
        > smiths on the internet who claim to be able to vastly improve the
        > trigger but am curious to know from anyone who actually had it done.
        > In particular I'm thinking of the Vanek trigger job but would like to
        > hear about any experiences. I'm still having a hard to time getting
        > my groups less than about 9 inches at 25 yards with the Glock 35. Any
        > thoughts would be appreciated

      • shred_s
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2005
          > Have you looked at the Brian Enos forums? These two are right on
          topic:
          > http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5351
          > http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18299

          The BE forums are the place to go for pistol competition info,
          especially for IPSC/IDPA-type shooting.

          I've played with a Vanek trigger and it's truly amazing what he can
          do to a Glock trigger. No way I'd carry one like that but for a
          range gun it's great.