new gun

  • hawkeye_629
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2005
      Ok I noticed there has been little activity among my fellow armed
      liberals so I decided to post. I finally broke down and bought a
      Glock. A Glock 35 to be precise. I have 10 different handguns and
      none of them plastic, thought I could do with out the "battle
      tupperware". But when I held it and operated the slide there was a
      beauty in its simple elegance that was intriguing. The easiest gun I
      ever broke down. After about 50 rounds the trigger was becoming
      easier and I was able to at least not embarass myself. Its not my
      Kimber Gold Match but then its not intended to be. I assume there are
      some other Glock owners in here. Let me know what you think
    • nordicman72
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2005
        </lurk> A Glock, eh? Lemme know how it shoots after about 500
        rounds. I'm very conflicted about Glocks...heard good and bad. The
        bad, however, all seems to be complaints over the aesthetics of
        Glocks...such as they are. As far as ease of break-down...ever
        broken down a Makarov? ;-) Best of luck on your new aquisition and
        do let us know how it goes in the long run...I may just be in the
        market one day.

        --- In guntotingliberals@yahoogroups.com, "hawkeye_629"
        <hawkeye_629@y...> wrote:

        > Ok I noticed there has been little activity among my fellow armed
        > liberals so I decided to post. I finally broke down and bought a
        > Glock. A Glock 35 to be precise. I have 10 different handguns and
        > none of them plastic, thought I could do with out the "battle
        > tupperware". But when I held it and operated the slide there was a
        > beauty in its simple elegance that was intriguing. The easiest gun
        > ever broke down. After about 50 rounds the trigger was becoming
        > easier and I was able to at least not embarass myself. Its not my
        > Kimber Gold Match but then its not intended to be. I assume there
        are
        > some other Glock owners in here. Let me know what you think
      • michelle
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2005
          I'm not a Glock owner but I acknowledge your review
          and you have inspired me to give one a try. Are they corrosion
          resistant?
          Maybe we should try one.
          thanks and congratulations,
          Michelle
          "Someone once asked Ghandi:
          Isn't it an act of futility to try to make the world better.
          Ghandi's reply was that, yes,
          it is futile, but you have to do it anyway."

          Ok I noticed there has been little activity among my fellow armed
          liberals so I decided to post. I finally broke down and bought a
          Glock. A Glock 35 to be precise. I have 10 different handguns and
          none of them plastic, thought I could do with out the "battle
          tupperware". But when I held it and operated the slide there was a
          beauty in its simple elegance that was intriguing. The easiest gun I
          ever broke down. After about 50 rounds the trigger was becoming
          easier and I was able to at least not embarass myself. Its not my
          Kimber Gold Match but then its not intended to be. I assume there are
          some other Glock owners in here. Let me know what you think
        • McGinnes
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2005
            Hawkeye,
            If you give it a chance, you are going to love your Glock. I currently
            own three of them, plus Ruth has one. The only real complain people
            have about Glocks is the trigger, and there are lots of things you can
            do to make it better. If you have any questions about your new Glock,
            just let me know.
            So, are you going to be competeing with your Glock? Do you know about
            GSSF (gssfonline.com)?

            Michelle,
            Glocks are very corrosion resistant. I once wore a Glock 26 to the
            beach, then to a water park (where it got soaked), and then it sat in
            a wet fanny pack for three days. When I finally got to a place where I
            could clean it, I found no rust. None.
          • michelle

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 3, 2005
                  That's good to know, thanks,
                  perhaps I should think of a Glock for my next gun.
                  best,
                  Michelle
                  "Someone once asked Ghandi:
                  Isn't it an act of futility to try to make the world better.
                  Ghandi's reply was that, yes,
                  it is futile, but you have to do it anyway."

                  Michelle,
                  Glocks are very corrosion resistant. I once wore a Glock 26 to the
                  beach, then to a water park (where it got soaked), and then it sat in
                  a wet fanny pack for three days. When I finally got to a place where I
                  could clean it, I found no rust. None.
                • Michael McGinnes
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 4, 2005
                    I own a 35 and a 27 in .40 S&W, and a 17 in 9mm. I have never had any
                    problems with any of them, even when using AA#5 :-) I think the whole
                    kaBoom thing is being way overblown (no pun intended) in order to sell
                    shooting magazines and get eyeballs to a website. There really is no
                    reliable evidence that .40 Glocks are any more likely to kB than any
                    other gun. That being said, it is possible to blow up any gun if you
                    try hard enough.

                    As far as after market barrels, I think the only good reasons to get
                    one are to get more accuracy and/or to shoot lead bullets. If you
                    notice on the kB website, one of the kB-ed barrels is an after-market
                    barrel. What does that tell you?
                  • es gi