Re: [gulzarfans] Invitation to Gulf

  • Kaustubh Pingle
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2009
      Great idea !!

      There is an active RDB fan club in Bahrain. So automatically Gulzar
      saab fans could be gathered !!

    • Najam
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 1, 2009
        I am just 40 KM away from Bahrain, so I can attend any activity on the weekend. Any idea how to get in touch with RDB fan club?

        ________________________________

        On 9/1/09, Bharat T. <bharatt_15@yahoo. co.uk> wrote:
        > Dear Friends,
        >
        > I believe its a marvellous idea to invite GULZAR SA'AB to Gulf. Come, let us
        > all come together and  weave this beautiful dream into reality.
        >
        > By the way I'm from Bahrain. Any more Gulzar Sir's fans in Bahrain or
        > Gulf?????
        >
        > Best Regards,
        >

        > BHARAT TRIVEDI
        > PO BOX 23, MANAMA, KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN.
        > Tel: +973 17225547 - Direct:+973 17223748
        > Cell: +973 3352053 - Fax: +973 17 223830
        > Website: www.ymh.com. bh
        > (Official) e-mail: bharat@.... bh

        >  Please use Forest Friendly paper for printing.
        > -Please consider the environment before printing this image-
        >
        >  -

      • Pavan Jha
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 1, 2009
          I remember, there is one walking taking museum on Kishore Kumar too lives in
          that part of the world!
          Pavan

        • santosh kadam
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 1, 2009
            If it is to be happened (i.e. Gulzar ji's visit) , Dubai would be the right location. Its at the heart of Gulf.

            Pavan ji - As we are not in India, we miss many opportunities, events, sab kuchh. Aap ko kucch bhi kar ke Gulzar ji ko manaanaa padega. Mandir me hamara bhog lagaanaa padega . . .

            Santosh
            Muscat

            I am just 40 KM away from Bahrain, so I can attend any activity on the weekend. Any idea how to get in touch with RDB fan club?

            ____________ _________ _________ __
            There is an active RDB fan club in Bahrain. So automatically Gulzar
            saab fans could be gathered !!

            On 9/1/09, Bharat T. <bharatt_15@ yahoo. co.uk> wrote:
            > Dear Friends,
            >
            > I believe its a marvellous idea to invite GULZAR SA'AB to Gulf. Come, let us
            > all come together and  weave this beautiful dream into reality.
            >
            > By the way I'm from Bahrain. Any more Gulzar Sir's fans in Bahrain or
            > Gulf?????
            >
            > Best Regards,
            >

            > BHARAT TRIVEDI
            > PO BOX 23, MANAMA, KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN.
            > Tel: +973 17225547 - Direct:+973 17223748
            > Cell: +973 3352053 - Fax: +973 17 223830
            > Website: www.ymh.com. bh
            > (Official) e-mail: bharat@.... bh

            >  Please use Forest Friendly paper for printing.
            > -Please consider the environment before printing this image-
            >
            >  -

            Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com

          • Bharat T.
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 1, 2009
              Friends,
              Greetings from the land of Sun n' Sand (Bahrain)!!!

              I totally agree with Ssntosh that Dubai is the PERFECT venue in Gulf for GULZAR Saab's visit, because of its geographical loation and Dubai being the most sought-after commercial hub in the entire gulf. Moreover, its close to Bahrain ;-)
              Pavan-ji, I'm cocksure that you can peruade Sir to visit Gulf...

              And Najam, where are you exactly located in gulf? Alkhobar (Saudi Arabia)?

              Despite of the fact that i've stayed in Bahrain for more than 3 decades, I'm still not aware of any active RDB fan clubs in Bahrain. Though there is one Keralite Web TV Forum 'AMRITA TV' based in Bahrain. With nostalgia, I still remember the day when RD Burman Sir had visited Bahrain with Asha-ji, Varsha & Rishi Kapoor in 1991 (if I'm not mistaken) and we were all enthralled by RD's mesmerising performance, despite of the soothing showers of untimely monsoon.

              RD was, as Gulzar Sir says, as good a craftsman as he was a musician. He picked the sounds for his songs from very indigenous sources.

              In 'Chura liya' he used the sound of a spoon hitting a glass .
              For the Kitaab song 'Master jee kee aa gayee chiTThee' he brought some desks from a classroom in the studio while recording and used them as percussion.
              In Abdullah he used the sound of a bamboo whistle with a balloon tied to it for a song.
              Once to get the sound of raindrops, he spent a whole rainy night in his house's balcony recording the sound he wanted.
              In the song 'O Manjhi Re' from the movie 'Khushboo', R.D. Burman used bottles with water filled at different levels and created a hollow sound by blowing into them and this sound effect was used with the orchestra.
              During the recording of 'Hum donoN do premee' (Ajnabee) the musicians were on strike. So he improvised the song with emptied-out musical interludes and just listen the song!

              Warm regards,
              BHARAT B. TRIVEDI
              (Kingdom of Bahrain)

              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 2, 2009
                Bharat ji,

                aap lucky hai jo Pancham da ko live suna. do u have recording for that show? Which of teh Gulzar ji's song was there.

                It will be nice if you upload Pancham live with Gulzar ji's song.

                Santosh
                Muscat

                I am just 40 KM away from Bahrain, so I can attend any activity on the weekend. Any idea how to get in touch with RDB fan club?

                ____________ _________ _________ __
                There is an active RDB fan club in Bahrain. So automatically Gulzar
                saab fans could be gathered !!

                On 9/1/09, Bharat T. <bharatt_15@ yahoo. co.uk> wrote:
                > Dear Friends,
                >
                > I believe its a marvellous idea to invite GULZAR SA'AB to Gulf. Come, let us
                > all come together and  weave this beautiful dream into reality.
                >
                > By the way I'm from Bahrain. Any more Gulzar Sir's fans in Bahrain or
                > Gulf?????
                >
                > Best Regards,
                >

                > BHARAT TRIVEDI
                > PO BOX 23, MANAMA, KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN.
                > Tel: +973 17225547 - Direct:+973 17223748
                > Cell: +973 3352053 - Fax: +973 17 223830
                > Website: www.ymh.com. bh
                > (Official) e-mail: bharat@.... bh

                >  Please use Forest Friendly paper for printing.
                > -Please consider the environment before printing this image-
                >
                >  -

                See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz. http://in.buzz.yahoo.com/

              • Bharat T.
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 2, 2009
                  Dear Santosh,

                  Unfortunately, I do not have the recording of RDB Live concert-1991. The concert was only for one night at Holiday Inn Bahrain, as they all flew the very next day to UAE for a smiliar concert there. But, it was indeed 'mind-blowing' as they say!

                  We all now eagerly look forward to Gulzar Sir's tour to Gulf

                  Warm regards!
                  BHARAT TRIVEDI

                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 3, 2009
                    I agree, even if it happens in Dubai, we all can reach there easily. Its not far.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 3, 2009
                      Yes, Bharat I am based in Dhahran and keep coming Bahrain frequently.

                      Pavan, can you please reply to these posts as to what is feasible on this suggestion?
                      -Najam