Soldiers Ride - donations for wounded soldiers

  • Kirt Love
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2006
      Soldiers Ride - donations for wounded soldiers

      DSBR will help sponsor part of the "Soldiers Ride" next week
      in Key West Florida on the 18th.

      If you would like to make a donation to this cause, see the below
      materials about there contact information.

      Keep in mind, these cyclist are recovering wounded soldiers
      riding bikes. Its the wounded carrying the wounded. So we
      should all chip in a little something for their efforts.

      Serving those that serve us abroad.

                                                      Sincerely
                                                      Kirt P. Love
                                                      Director, DSBR

      Show our wounded soldiers how much you care!

      Total Donations : $524,290

      Ride the Sunshine State

      Join us on February 16th through the 18th for a special Soldier Ride event: wounded servicemen and women cycling through Florida to spread their inspirational message of courage and hope. The ride begins in Miami on February 16th and ends in Key West on February 18th. The brave men and women participating in this event are cycling in support of their injured comrades recovering in military hospitals across the country.

      Event Schedule

      February 16th - Miami Florida: Riders assemble in front of the Finnegan's Way Restaurant located at 1344 Ocean Drive. There will be a press conference at 9:30am. The riders depart at 10:00am and proceed down Ocean Drive to arrive in front of the site of the new Finnegan's Restaurant on the river. An additional press conference will be held at 3:00 pm in the parking lot of Joe's Stone Crab Restaurant.

      February 18th - Key West Florida: The riders assemble at the Naval Base at 9:00 am and ride throughout Key West, arriving at the military memorial in Mallory Square at 10:00 am. A press conference will immediately follow. At 11:00 am a reception will be held at the Hog's Breath Saloon on Front Street.

      (Please note that while everyone is welcome and encouraged to come and cheer on the riders, this ride is not open to additional cyclists)

      If you have questions about this event, please call (631) 251-6735 or email us at info@.... For media inquiries, please contact Nick Kraus

      Soldier Ride's cycling events serve the dual purpose of raising public awareness for the needs of wounded soldiers while assisting them in their rehabilitation. Participation in our cycling events aids in the rehabilitation process of the wounded, giving them opportunity to reinvigorate their bodies and showing them how much life still has to offer. Each rider is provided the adaptive equipment needed to ride a bicycle though missing one or more limbs. Contributions to the Ride the Sunshine State event will be used to cover the cost of wounded soldiers' participation in this rehabilitative event and to support the programs and services of Soldier Ride, providing comfort and aid to the wounded during their hospital recovery and readjustment to civilian life. Contributions to Soldier Ride are tax deductible. Click here to become a Soldier Ride supporter today!

      Support Our Cause!

      Although the 2005 National Tour has ended, our work is far from over. Every day more young men and women return home from the current military conflicts with severe injuries. These brave individuals need your support to speed their rehabilitation and recovery. Read on to learn more about the vital work we do and how you can become involved in this important effort.

      Here's how you can help:

      Donate Now to support the National Tour Team and help us reach our goal of raising $5 million. Your support honors the service of our wounded warriors and help us raise public awareness of their sacrifices. You can also call toll free - 866 RIDE GI 1 (866 743 3441).

      Spread the Word by e-mailing a link to this website, or Click here for more information about how to join us at one of our event locations to cheer on the riders.

      For additional event information please click here, e-mail us at info@...or call (631)251-6735.

      Corporations interested in becoming one of our National Sponsors or interested in conducting a corporate program, please contact Steven Nardizzi. There are many different ways corporations can help our wounded heroes.