Donations to Wade George

  • Kirt Love
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2005
      Dear Readers

      Been running like mad to try and get as much help on this
      issue in Michigan.

      As you saw from the post Friday morning, and the additional
      letter from Mary Cross that evening - that they were holding
      a benefit for Wade E. George on Sunday August 7th 2005.

      I made it to the event, and was completely impressed by the
      efforts of this community for Wade. Mary Cross, Colleen
      Wagner, Family, friends, and fellow church members. It
      was one of the biggest turn outs for a single veteran that I
      have seen in a very long time. They really care about him.

      Have the photos, and videotape from the event, but haven't had a
      chance to get those up yet. Have to get Wade as much other
      kinds of help as possible first.
      Background on Wade George:
      SSG with D Co. 3/7th INF
      11M30 Bradley Fighting Vehicle
      Honorably Decorated / Discharged combat veteran

      Was in the USS Comfort with ailments when Steve Martin ( comedian )
      came through in 1990. *Confirmed with DHSD BDM team that
      Wade has combat medical records, sent request to St Louis.

      Been fighting health problems ever since, VA claim rejected
      on technicalities.

      Diagnosed with Carcinoma of the right lung that Metastasized
      to the brain. Currently receiving daily radiation, paying with
      Medicare.

      Wade is the real deal people, a very kind, and warm person. He certainly
      doesn't deserve this fate.

      His wife Deanna has a hearing impairment, and has a hearing infection that
      limits her - so for now Colleen has been fielding questions as well as
      coordinating with Mary on Wades affairs while he is in treatment.

      Colleen Wagner is at:
      734-674-4570

      Mary Cross is at:
      734-281-1615

      Below is the bank information for donations.

      DSBR made a $200 donation
      DSJF made a $200 donation
      NGWRC made a $1,000 donation

      We encourage others to continue to give to this family. This is only
      the beginning.

      This is all very complicated, so will fill in with additional emails.

                                                      Sincerely
                                                      Kirt P. Love
                                                      Director, DSBR