Meeting with DHSD Thursday - Centcom medical data

  • Kirt Love
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2005
      Meeting with DHSD Thursday - Centcom medical data

      Venus and I went to meet with Barbara Goodno, and Bob Dunlap
      at DHSD Thursday. They took us back at 11:00am to Barbara's office
      to discuss several veteran medical issues.( July 28th 2005 )

      I pointed out right off the bat that the Cenctom data on the Gulflink.osd.mil
      website had many problems that needed addressing. The first being the
      fact that the OCR text is not legible on each page. If you search either
      the OSAGWI website or Google, these medical surveillance reports do
      not come up because there is nothing text wise that can be recognized.
      They are just image files with gibberish OCR files. So the reports for
      Centcom Medical Surveillance August 20th 1997 slipped by.

      Barbara then said something that made me quite mad. She said that
      the website was formed before it was given to OSAGWI, and so when
      it changed hands the new owners ( OSAGWI ) were not aware of
      everything on the server. Only one problem, OSAGWI had long taken
      over ownership of the gulflink.osd.mil website when the August 20th 1997
      Centcom materials were posted. Not a valid excuse.

      Here is another whopper for you. I held off on the FOIA deliberately
      because of the way they work at DOD, using technicalities at every
      corner. Now that five of us wrote a joint FOIA on this specific event,
      DHSD claims they cannot touch it until Security Review is done with
      its request internally. Keep in mind, DHSD already has the material,
      and wants to avoid addressing it as long as possible.

      DHSD knows it will have to produce a response to this material, update
      the website to reflect it, and probably now have to produce a report
      to explain the results. Either they will or I will, and if I do so it will be
      in favor of the veterans instead of against.

      There is more, but I have to space this out over several emails to
      respond to each one. The OIF data is the most upsetting, and I
      have to wait for two more official responses before I can comment.
      Lets just say VA response to me on this was a complete surprise,
      and I want to confirm it.

      Check out the links below, and read carefully.

                                                                      Sincerely
                                                                      Kirt P. Love
                                                                      Director, DSBR

      The United States Central Command Collection

      Files Posted on 20 Aug 1997

      Cholera Vaccine
      ascii text
      image

      DNBI-CENTAF
      ascii text
      image

      Foodbourne Illness Outbreaks
      ascii text
      image

      Investigational New Drugs
      ascii text
      image

      Kuwait Oil Fires - Committee Meeting 13 April 1991
      ascii text
      image

      Threat to Coalition Forces and Civilians from Burning Oil Wells in Kuwait
      ascii text
      image

      Investigational New Drug Availability
      ascii text
      image

      Capabilities
      ascii text
      image

      Termination of Anthrax and Botulism Vaccination Programs
      ascii text
      image

      Possible NBC Contamination of Animals with Anthrax or Chemical Agents in AOR
      ascii text
      image

      Biological Warfare Vaccination Guidelines
      ascii text
      image

      Medical Surveillance
      ascii text
      image

      Medical Surveillance
      ascii text
      image

      Possible NBC Contamination of Animals with Anthrax or Chemical Agents in AOR
      ascii text
      image

      Medical Surveillance
      ascii text
      image

      Collection and Transportation of Suspected Biological Warfare Incident Specimens
      ascii text
      image

      Medical Surveillance
      ascii text
      image

      Medical Surveillance
      ascii text
      image

      Medical Surveillance

      ascii text
      image

      Medical Surveillance

      ascii text
      image

      Medical Surveillance

      ascii text
      image

      Royal Gift Drinking Water
      ascii text
      image

      Potable Water Sources
      ascii text
      image

      Availability and Distribution of ISG Prophylaxis for Hepatitis A
      ascii text
      image

      Biological Warfare Vaccination Guidelines
      ascii text
      image

      Desert Storm Combined US/Host Nation Medical Operations (Slide)
      ascii text
      image

      AAR: Biological Warfare Chronology of Events
      ascii text
      image

      Disease Surveillance
      ascii text
      image

      Illness Rates of US Army Troops for Selected DNBI Conditions
      ascii text
      image

      Health Risk Associated with the Burning Oil Wells in Kuwait
      ascii text
      image

      Cutaneous Leshmaniasis in Saudi Arabia
      ascii text
      image

      Updated Immunization and Preventative Medicine Guidance
      ascii text
      image

      Update on Threat to Coalition Forces and Civilians from Burning Oil Wells in Kuwait
      ascii text
      image

      Preventative Medicine Guidance for Operation Desert Shield
      ascii text
      image

      Threat to Coalition Forces and Civilians from Burning Oil Wells in Kuwait
      ascii text
      image

      Antibiotic Resistance to Enteric Pathogens
      ascii text
      image

      Prevention and Control of Sandfly-Bourne Diseases
      ascii text
      image

      Change in Guidance for Malaria Chemprophylaxis for U.S. Forces in Iraq
      ascii text
      image

      AAR: Host Nation Support Chronology
      ascii text
      image

      Kuwait Oil Fire Health Risks - Meeting With the US Environmental Protection Agency Team
      ascii text
      image